Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If the Reds would have only won that one!!!!

If the Reds would have only won that one!!!!

Well now is the point in the season when we go back throughout the whole year and begin to think, GEEEEZ!!!! Now if the Reds would have only pulled that game through, then we would have won our division by now (or in this case those three or so games). The Homer Bailey thread made me think of this, and I mentioned it in there, but I don't think it really fits that answer too much there, so I was just curious what you guys thought was that point with the Reds this season? Where they should have pulled that game or games out and won and then have this Central locked up.

For me, as mentioned earlier, it is the first two weeks of July before the All Star Break. There we were all thinking the Reds would be able to gain some ground in the Central and then go into the Break and very hot ballclub. Well we end up going 1-8 and go into the break very very very ice cold. The one that really hurt was losing the series to the Brewers. But if I remember correctly that is when Coffey just completely fell apart completely. Bill E. Hall owned us for the millionth time, isn't that when Standridge got arrested??? I could be wrong on that last one.

Also, didn't many people here on the boards say that that two week period would be a period where we would all go back and look and say 'what if' at the end of the season, especially if the Reds were nail-biting close to their division and/or Wild Card.

Well guess what folks....what are we right now. What would have say just going 4-5 during that stretch have done for us now???? But again, hindsight is 20/20. Does anybody else have any other moment like these for this season????

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If the Reds would have only won that one!!!!

Too late to worry about that now.

I'm sure the other teams in the race had similar games.

I Still Miss Sean Casey

Re: If the Reds would have only won that one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    Well now is the point in the season when we go back throughout the whole year and begin to think, GEEEEZ!!!! Now if the Reds would have only pulled that game through, then we would have won our division by now (or in this case those three or so games). The Homer Bailey thread made me think of this, and I mentioned it in there, but I don't think it really fits that answer too much there, so I was just curious what you guys thought was that point with the Reds this season? Where they should have pulled that game or games out and won and then have this Central locked up.

For me, as mentioned earlier, it is the first two weeks of July before the All Star Break. There we were all thinking the Reds would be able to gain some ground in the Central and then go into the Break and very hot ballclub. Well we end up going 1-8 and go into the break very very very ice cold. The one that really hurt was losing the series to the Brewers. But if I remember correctly that is when Coffey just completely fell apart completely. Bill E. Hall owned us for the millionth time, isn't that when Standridge got arrested??? I could be wrong on that last one.

Also, didn't many people here on the boards say that that two week period would be a period where we would all go back and look and say 'what if' at the end of the season, especially if the Reds were nail-biting close to their division and/or Wild Card.

Well guess what folks....what are we right now. What would have say just going 4-5 during that stretch have done for us now???? But again, hindsight is 20/20. Does anybody else have any other moment like these for this season????
    It was actually Shackleford who got arrested during that Milwaukee series, but I agree with you I would love to have that series back.
    Another game I would love to have back was the Labor Day game vs. the Giants. Darn you Barry Bonds.
    "And this one belongs to the Reds."

Turn Off Ads?