Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Phil Dumatrait

How u doin

Phil Dumatrait

why didnt this guy get called up this year wasnt he doing pretty good in the minors.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phil Dumatrait

Probably because he had a 4.72 ERA and 1.61 WHIP with Louisville. If he can't get triple-A hitters out then what makes you think he can fair well against major league hitters?

Now if you want to complain about someone not getting called up from the Louisville team, Brad Salmon is the most logical choice. He had a 2.34 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, and a 11.3 K/9 rate with Louisville and was never called up. I believe he could have greatly helped the Reds bullpen.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 09-30-2006 at 10:33 AM.

Dumatrait really threw himself off the prospect boat with his showing in Lousville.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Dumatrait really threw himself off the prospect boat with his showing in Lousville.
    I would like to see the Reds move him to the bullpen and see how he fairs in that role.
    Here are Phil Dumatrait's AAA splits:

vs LHP: 18.1 IP, 1.96 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 7.5 K/9

vs RHP: 69.1 IP, 5.45 ERA, 1.71 WHIP, 5.6 K/9

LOOGY anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I would like to see the Reds move him to the bullpen and see how he fairs in that role.
    Here are Phil Dumatrait's AAA splits:

vs LHP: 18.1 IP, 1.96 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 7.5 K/9

vs RHP: 69.1 IP, 5.45 ERA, 1.71 WHIP, 5.6 K/9

LOOGY anyone?
    Those splits say to me that Phil Dumatrait is NOT a starting pitcher. I would like to see the Reds deal him this winter. Maybe to Washington for Ryan Church?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

trade him for Ryan Wagner

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

^^ Haha!

It was his first shot at AAA, why not see how the offseason goes before we cast him into the sea?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I saw him pitch the last day of the season in Louisville. He was anything BUT consistent. He still has a long way to go.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Those splits say to me that Phil Dumatrait is NOT a starting pitcher. I would like to see the Reds deal him this winter. Maybe to Washington for Ryan Church?
    I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Did JimBo draft Dumatrait?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Did JimBo draft Dumatrait?
    Nope.. We got him from Boston in exchange for Scott Williamson

Turn Off Ads?