Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07 unis: different from what we've heard?

07 unis: different from what we've heard?

From DDN:

Red as in Reds

A peek at next year was visible on a trunk inside the clubhouse door Friday. New Era, major-league baseball's official hat manufacturer, dropped off samples of next season's home hats.

It's back to solid red with a white wishbone 'C,' the caps The Big Red Machine wore, although there is still a tinge of black outlining the 'C,' which wasn't on the 1970s hats.

There was one on manager Jerry Narron's desk, too, and he said, "I like it. When I saw them, I grabbed one."

The team will have different uniforms next year no cut-off sleeves and names on the back will be in a font and design solely used by the Reds.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 07 unis: different from what we've heard?

I hope we use our Sunday home jerseys as our home or road jerseys next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    From DDN:

Red as in Reds

A peek at next year was visible on a trunk inside the clubhouse door Friday. New Era, major-league baseball's official hat manufacturer, dropped off samples of next season's home hats.

It's back to solid red with a white wishbone 'C,' the caps The Big Red Machine wore, although there is still a tinge of black outlining the 'C,' which wasn't on the 1970s hats.

There was one on manager Jerry Narron's desk, too, and he said, "I like it. When I saw them, I grabbed one."

The team will have different uniforms next year no cut-off sleeves and names on the back will be in a font and design solely used by the Reds.
    Sounds like they're some of the things that make the Reds uniforms unique (2-color hat design, cut-off sleeves) and get rid of them.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Sounds like they're some of the things that make the Reds uniforms unique (2-color hat design, cut-off sleeves) and get rid of them.
    Understood the point Johnny, but have all Red Caps in this day and age is almost "unique".
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    From DDN:

Hopefully, a parting gift.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm glad to see the all red caps coming back, but I liked the 'vest' look.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

All Red caps is a great idea. We are, after all, the Cincinnati Reds.

I know alot of posters will dissagree with me but I HATED the black away uniforms.They just did'nt look like the Reds playing.They looked more like the Pirates jerseys.I hope they wear the white home jerseys at home and were the all red jerseys that they wear in sundays on away games next year.

I thought somebody on here a few months back said they was thinking about bringing the blue back on the jerseys??
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I hated the blue look. I am glad black is being kept as the third color.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    I know alot of posters will dissagree with me but I HATED the black away uniforms.They just did'nt look like the Reds playing.They looked more like the Pirates jerseys.I hope they wear the white home jerseys at home and were the all red jerseys that they wear in sundays on away games next year.

I thought somebody on here a few months back said they was thinking about bringing the blue back on the jerseys??

Actually, I think most would agree with you. The current road uniforms would be OK if they wore red sleeves underneath instead of black. You get a guy like Deno who wears the red socks high and it just doesn't look right. I wouldn't mind the all red on the road but I don't like them at home even on Sundays.

I guess we'll find out for sure at Reds Fest.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

The current road uniforms would be OK if they wore red sleeves underneath instead of black
    Exactly Chip! The black should be replaced by red b/c after all we are the Reds.I would'nt mind a little black out lining the C on the front of the cap but wearing black sleaves and socks looks like crap atleast to me.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I know alot of posters will dissagree with me but I HATED the black away uniforms.
    I certainly do not disagree with you. I hated those black road uniforms the first year they got them and hate them even more today. I never understood the notion that a team called the Reds would have uniforms with black as the primary color.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Understood the point Johnny, but have all Red Caps in this day and age is almost "unique".
    The Nationals, Angels, and Phillies have basic red caps. Ideally, that look would be reserved for the Reds, but since it's not, the red and black look sets the Reds apart.

I'm totally on board with all-red away jerseys or even red sleeves on the away jerseys. Those are both good looks.

What I don't want to see is the Reds looking like the Indians, Braves, or any other navy-and-red team.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 10-01-2006 at 01:39 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Exactly Chip! The black should be replaced by red b/c after all we are the Reds.I would'nt mind a little black out lining the C on the front of the cap but wearing black sleaves and socks looks like crap atleast to me.
    The road uniforms were originally worn with red shirts. In '99, they switched to the black to try and gain some luck. They ended up winning 7 straight in Houston and Arizona (guess it worked) and never wore the red shirts again.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    The road uniforms were originally worn with red shirts. In '99, they switched to the black to try and gain some luck. They ended up winning 7 straight in Houston and Arizona (guess it worked) and never wore the red shirts again.
    Don't remember this....

Do remember their great road record that year though
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?