Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eliminated

Eliminated

At about 4:13 EST the Cards defeated the Brewers 3-2 to put an end to the REDS postseason hopes. It was fun while it lasted. Oh what could've been. Let's win out and have a winning record. GO REDS!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Eliminated

Eliminated....like stool.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Rip
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The missed opportunities this season are gut wrenching. I watched more rip-your-heart out losses this year than any time in recent memory. Here's to a positive change in 2007. For those close losses to stop, I think we all know what the main change needs to be, no?

I, for one, am thrilled this was interesting until the last day of September. I'm usd to loosing interest in early June. I know a big part of what made this close was Cardinal mediocrity, but it was still fun.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

GOREDSGO32

I was ticked because it was an 0-2 count, and the first "ball" was so much bull. It was low but obviously in the strikezone, the only reason it was called a ball is because the catcher was set up no the outside and had to come back in for it. Oh well, whatever, Brewers got screwed and we wouldn't have made the playoffs anyway probably.

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32 View Post
    I was ticked because it was an 0-2 count, and the first "ball" was so much bull. It was low but obviously in the strikezone, the only reason it was called a ball is because the catcher was set up no the outside and had to come back in for it. Oh well, whatever, Brewers got screwed and we wouldn't have made the playoffs anyway probably.
    Yes, that should have been a strike. A good umpire should not have to rely on where the catcher is positioned.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I, for one, am thrilled this was interesting until the last day of September. I'm usd to loosing interest in early June. I know a big part of what made this close was Cardinal mediocrity, but it was still fun.
    Very Very well said.

part of BBN

true stl helped. however this season was(is) a big step forward and we just so happened to get to enjoy a pennent race in the process.
    thanks reds !

........maybe next year
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

I'd like to thank Bob Castellini for changing the attitude of the REDS, Wayne Krivsky for trying all year to help improve the team, not every move worked as planned but at least you didn't just sit on your hands and 'wait for the five plan to fail' like past GM's. And to ALL the players who wore the Cincinnati Reds uniform the year, you gave us many thrills this year with stirring comebacks and a never give up attitude for the most part. Now finish the year strong with a winning record a second place finish and something to look forward to in 2007.

ORG Infidel

It was a fun season. Thanks Reds. Until next season....

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    I think we all know what the main change needs to be, no?
    Of course. The solution to all the Reds' problems is to get rid of Adam Dunn. If he's gone, the offense will score 5 more runs per game, the starting pitchers will all win 20 games, and the bullpen will shut down every opponent in the late innings. The question won't be whether or not they make the playoffs, but whether or not their World Series opponent manages to score a run in the four games.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Of course. The solution to all the Reds' problems is to get rid of Adam Dunn. If he's gone, the offense will score 5 more runs per game, the starting pitchers will all win 20 games, and the bullpen will shut down every opponent in the late innings. The question won't be whether or not they make the playoffs, but whether or not their World Series opponent manages to score a run in the four games.
    Funny, I was thinking Jerry Narron.

I, for one, am thrilled this was interesting until the last day of September. I'm used to losing interest in early June. I know a big part of what made this close was Cardinal mediocrity, but it was still fun.

Exactly how I feel.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?