Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should the Reds be interested in Crawford?

Marty Moose!!

Should the Reds be interested in Crawford?

I saw that the D-Rays are going to be dangling him this winter. Should this be someone the Reds try to acquire? Decent pop, speed to burn, but not sure how he is defensively. He doesn't seem to be the best at taking a walk, but he is young and his OBP seems to be improving. If he could be had for relatively cheap, maybe for a package of Larue and Deno and possibly a prospect, would he be worth the gamble?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should the Reds be interested in Crawford?

Carl Crawford is one of my favorite players.

Can't imagine the Rays letting him go cheaply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by maniem View Post
    If he could be had for relatively cheap
    He couldn't.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

The Reds should be interested in Carl Crawford but they have no chance to get him. He will not be cheap and there is no way that LaRue and Deno could get him.

Every team should be interested, but given what it may take to get him, I'd probably pass. If I was Tampa Bay I'd start with Harang, Arroyo or maybe Bailey on my wish list in any deal. They have decent OF help to take his spot and Offense in General.

Their saying they want a top SP Prospect, so it would take bailey. Not sure I would make that trade although it would be tempting. I love bailey but hes still unproven he could flame out or become a cy young winner. But since its been forever since the reds developed a stud pitcher and they are worth so much on the marktet I say keep him and add Tori Hunter in the offseason.

Outside of the handful of #1 starters, and monster impact bats like Pujols. Homer Bailey can bring back any other player in the big leagues. Depending on the ranking service he will probably be the #1 prospect in all of the minors. Carl Crawford would be very disappointing in my opinion.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    Their saying they want a top SP Prospect, so it would take bailey. Not sure I would make that trade although it would be tempting. I love bailey but hes still unproven he could flame out or become a cy young winner. But since its been forever since the reds developed a stud pitcher and they are worth so much on the marktet I say keep him and add Tori Hunter in the offseason.
    Agree. Trading Bailey for Crawford would be a huge mistake.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Don't be surprised to see Crawford go to St. Louis for Duncan or Wainright. We nearly had a deal in place at the deadline. I'm not sure that the Cards will part with Wainright since their pitching will be in a shambles this off-season. I'd sure like to see Duncan play 1B everyday as a Ray.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Yes, then flip Dunn to someone for pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Don't be surprised to see Crawford go to St. Louis for Duncan or Wainright. We nearly had a deal in place at the deadline. I'm not sure that the Cards will part with Wainright since their pitching will be in a shambles this off-season. I'd sure like to see Duncan play 1B everyday as a Ray.
    Duncan or Wainwright? TB would be foolish to deal Crawford for hitting, unless it was for a top flight hitter.

I like Crawford, but agree that it would take too much to get him. I think that you could pick up a similar player much cheaper.

The natural question here is Dunn for Crawford? If the Rays would do it, should the Reds?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The natural question here is Dunn for Crawford? If the Rays would do it, should the Reds?
    Would the Rays do that?? That is taking on a big contract and something Tampa Bay isn't used to doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    What do you think Dunn would bring? Are Rays interested in DUnn?

Turn Off Ads?