Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Running Wild: High School RB Has 658 Yds/Game

Re: Running Wild: High School RB Has 658 Yds/Game

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Running the ball runs the clock out. Not really his fault that the kid scores a TD on every carry (pretty much)

I'm not interested in running the score up as much as I'm interested in how good this guy might be. Next Reggie Bush?

I hav'nt watched the kid play but I get the newspapper that covers this team.The kid can FLATOUT play.All of his games so far he has run over 150 yards to 200 except for one I think.He is simply amazing!!!!

As far as the coach goes I don't know him personally but I have heard the Burch coach talk and it was'nt good.Everytime he opened his mouth last year he was saying how bad his team was going to beat their opponent or Our opponent might as well stay home b/c they can't beat us.The last one was were he said that Lincoln county teams an't good enough to beat us and we will give them all loss's.This was all said in a paper were people could read it!! They lost ALL FOUR games last year to the four lincoln county teams lol.

About the Matewan/Burch game I feel very bad for the kids of Burch b/c they did'nt deserve this.I don't know for sure but I have a feeling Burchs coach either had a smart remart torwards Matewan OR Matewan,coach was tired of his mouth and sent him a message.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by bomarl1969 View Post
    What all of you are saying is total bull----

Hey war is war and football is football and to qoute General William Tecumseh Sherman is "not popularity seeking."

A coach doesn't run up a score, that is the kind of thing a sore loser or a wuss would say.
    Nothing needs to be said. Just read the above and try to rationalize this sort of thinking. A GAME... not war. But why try to explain this fact to someone with the above-mentality?!?! Waste of time.
    Last edited by RedFanAlways1966; 10-03-2006 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bomarl1969 View Post
    What all of you are saying is total bull----

Hey war is war and football is football and to qoute General William Tecumseh Sherman is "not popularity seeking."

A coach doesn't run up a score, that is the kind of thing a sore loser or a wuss would say. I agree with the one post about tackling people if you don't want to give up that many points. I know many people from the Matewan area and screw all of you that think the coaching staff is scum. That kid deserves the attention he got from ESPN.

The game is played for x number of minutes and you give it your all no matter what. Screw this good image bull, maybe if the Reds hadn't been so concerned with fatsoes like Sean Casey they would have had better success in the past few years. You think Pete Rose cared about a good guy image?
    Is that you coach?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Is that you coach?

Not a chance. Too many multisyllabic words.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

BTW, Matewan has yet to lose a game on the field this season, but their record is officially 3-2, as two games have been forfeited for using an ineligible player.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

My daughter is a cheerleader for a 5A school here in Texas. Last week they faced a 4A school in town and beat them 51-6.

Late in the third quarter, it was 51-0, and it became obvious the team my daughter cheers for eased off. a lot. They were predicted to win district at the beginning of the year, and are living up to that, with their only loss coming against Friday Night Lights powerhouse Odessa Permian.

The coach at Tascosa High School preaches honor on the field. By the end of the third quarter, the third string QB was in the game. All the starters were being rested, everyone got to play. My son is on the freshman squad, and I was concerned that he wasn't playing enough. He is behind the other boys as he didn't play in middle school. Last week he got to play more due to the fact that he has been practicing harder, asking more questions about the game. They trusted him enough to put him in on defense for a goal line stand. Tascosa was up by 8. My boy forced a fumble that a teammate recovered.

And now he knows that his actions on the field during practice and during a game determine a little of his playing time, but he also realizes that the coaches will do all they can to accomplish two goals: win the game, and play every kid.

This lesson is not employed by the coach in the article. There was no honor in beating on a weaker school. The comparison to the Bengals/Oilers falls short. Those are paid professionals. These are kids learning to be adults. And the teaching of how to be one comes from more than just lessons taught at home.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post

This lesson is not employed by the coach in the article. There was no honor in beating on a weaker school. The comparison to the Bengals/Oilers falls short. Those are paid professionals. These are kids learning to be adults. And the teaching of how to be one comes from more than just lessons taught at home.
    Exactly.

The comparison to the Bengals/Oilers falls short. Those are paid professionals.
    And besides, Glanville had it coming.

All in all, a great post, TRF.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

The comparison to the Bengals/Oilers falls short. Those are paid professionals.
    no comparison was made, the Bengals/Oilers example was a response to the idea "that the pros don't run up the score." Sometimes they do.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Hopefully he'll blow out his knee the next time the coach wants to run it up and we'll see what your advice is then.
    Niiiiice.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    no comparison was made, the Bengals/Oilers example was a response to the idea "that the pros don't run up the score." Sometimes they do.
    gotcha. But the outcome is different. Running up the score on a true rival, one that has similar resources is part of the game. Next week our High School faces it's biggest rival and if they dominate for three quarters, I bet they'll still let up a bit an play the second string players.

That's what a good HIGH SCHOOL coach does.

I want Marvin Lewis to run up the score a bit against the Steelers.

It happens at all levels I suppose, but there are times it just isn't right. High School and below is not the place to teach "crush your enemy, see him driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."

That's where you teach honor, and fair play.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

you obviously have not seen Texas Tech.
    Is this the same Texas Tech who played their backups last Saturday for the entire second half after being up 42-0 at halftime? Blow out an overmatched opponent? Yes. Run up the score? No. TTU's coach will usually start playing backups at the start of the second half or at the latest the fourth quarter in blowouts. Facts are TTU has not run up the score on anybody at least not during the Mike Leach era.

That's where you teach honor, and fair play.
    if you haven't learned honor and fair play at home by high school age I don't think a football game is going to teach you much.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Facts are TTU has not run up the score on anybody at least not during the Mike Leach era.
    TTU never stops throwing or running their spread offense. Most people consider running up the score to be not just taking out your starters but also to quit passing the ball and attacking the defense. Leach admitted in a great article from last year in national magazine that did an 8-10 page story on Leach(lawyer turned coach) that he plays every offensive possession to try and score a touchdown, even when the reserves are in the game. Leach may play the backups players but he never calls off the dogs. I think the large majority of people would consider that running up the score.

BTW, I am a fan of Leach, I love his unortrhodox ideas of spreading the offense(not just recievers but huge line gaps as well). He gives no quarter and expects none as well.
    Last edited by flyer85; 10-04-2006 at 02:47 PM.

TTU never stops throwing or running their spread offense. Most people consider running up the score to be not just taking out your starters but also to quit passing the ball and attacking the defense. Leach admitted in a great article from last year in national magazine that did an 8-10 page story on Leach(lawyer turned coach) that he plays every offensive possession to try and score a touchdown, even when the reserves are in the game. Leach may play the backups players but he never calls off the dogs. I think the large majority of people would consider that running up the score.

BTW, I am a fan of Leach, I love his unortrhodox ideas of spreading the offense(not just recievers but huge line gaps as well). He gives no quarter and expects none as well.
    I really have no objection to that tactic. If a football team with an offense oriented around a power running game gets a big lead, nobody complains if the team's reserve running backs still attempt to score. If a college or high school football team's primary offense is a passing attack, when the substitutes are in the game I see nothing wrong with the team continuing to use its passing oriented offense. This lets the reserves practice the offense they would use in other games, and if the opponent cannot stop the substitutes, then the opponent has no reason to complain.

Turn Off Ads?