Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Thread 10/1/06 "So long everybody"

Re: Game Thread 10/1/06 "So long everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I noticed that too. Nothing about postseason baseball to watch, just football.

You are correct. And while the Bengals deserve credit for what they have done, this upsets me inordinately and to no end. I take it personally.
    The second baseball season begins after the World Series. Let's hope Wayne Krivsky and Robert Castellini don't allow Walt Jocketty and Tim Purpura to outmaneuver them in this just as important segment of the baseball year.

It's time to get workin', boys. The respectability of this franchise, nay, your very own respectability hangs in the balance. No rest for the wicked.

No excuses. None, whatsoever.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    IBut there's real subtext in his final words: "you have a football game to watch."

Indeed, the heart of the city's fandom beats in PB Stadium. This organization has miles to go before they catch the feeling that's been created by Marvin Lewis and Co. down just a few city blocks west.

Right now, that's the story with the Reds' organization, whether you care to admit it or not: it's still the patient etherized upon the table, and the Bengals, well the Bengals have lapped the Reds many times over.
    IMO this is your best post since I've been reading. Let me add that it seems like, the Reds reputation throughout baseball is down and Krivsky's job is made that much harder when trying to lure players who actually have other options besides Cincy.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The second baseball season begins after the World Series. Let's hope Wayne Krivsky and Robert Castellini don't allow Walt Jocketty and Tim Purpura to outmaneuver them in this just as important segment of the baseball year.

It's time to get workin', boys. The respectability of this franchise, nay, your very own respectability hangs in the balance. No rest for the wicked.

No excuses. None, whatsoever.
    i agree wholeheartedly on this one. yes i love football and basketball but not with the passion I have for baseball.
    there is something about getting home from work on a winter's night and hearing about what "may" happen at the winter meetings or what"did" happen.
    there really is a second season of baseball and what you do then lays the groundwork for the coming spring. this team improved 7 games.with a winter to work for wayne k.....can he do it again or even better ?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    i agree wholeheartedly on this one. yes i love football and basketball but not with the passion I have for baseball.
    there is something about getting home from work on a winter's night and hearing about what "may" happen at the winter meetings or what"did" happen.
    there really is a second season of baseball and what you do then lays the groundwork for the coming spring. this team improved 7 games.with a winter to work for wayne k.....can he do it again or even better ?
    I want to be real honest here. This team ONLY improved 7 games!! All the trades we made and the National League is just awful yet we only improve 7 games. This does not give Krivs a ringing endorsement. I hate to say this but I wouldn't be surprised if DanO wouldn't have been close to that.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Turn Off Ads?