Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Patriots Pre/During/Post-Gamethread - 10/01/06

Re: Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Patriots Pre/During/Post-Gamethread - 10/01/06

Lets go Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh sorry guys I must be in the wrong thread.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Patriots Pre/During/Post-Gamethread - 10/01/06

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I said the same thing earlier today regarding the pass rush. But I wouldn't say it's going to be a long season as much as a quick exit from the playoffs. this year's defesnes is better than last year's, but only marginally and not enough to say they're a good defense. They're still a liability. Quite honestly, they miss Odell Thurman. They won't admit it, but he was their best defensive player last year. They're too easy to run on as well. This is a playoff team, but not a Super Bowl team. They remind me of the Colts from 2-3 years ago. They're one good dfensive end and one good linebacker from being a Super Bowl team. I'm still a little irritated at Marvin for the Chris Perry pick. And now not having Pollack (freak injury) means two of the last three first round picks are not contributing at all to this team. It's tough to plu a hole as wide open as the Bengals defense without getting performance from top round draft picks.
    The Bengals also need a NT/DT worth a damn...Sam Adams is not that and has not been for a couple years now.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Isn't it amazing how we can be so high on the Bengals one week (after they beat Pittsburgh) and then so down on them the next?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Isn't it amazing how we can be so high on the Bengals one week (after they beat Pittsburgh) and then so down on them the next?
    Yep, and I'm guilty as charged. But at least this is the NFL, where there are only 16 games. It's much sillier when we see a similar reaction following a loss in a 162-game schedule.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Is it 2002 already?

U-G-L-Y!

Never has a team needed a bye so badly. Help us Dexter Jackson, you're our only hope!

The Bengals defense will be fine once Dexter gets back. I don't think a lot of people realize just how bad Kaesviharn is. He can't tackle. He can't step up in the run game. They can't blitz with him in there because he can't cover man to man. Him being in there completely changes the defensive gameplan from agressive, to reactionary.

You can't do that against the Pats. You have to blitz and pressure Brady. They simply weren't able to do that with Kevin K in there.

And Carson may have played his worst game as a pro. He had plenty of open guys, he was just off with his timing and was overthrowing the sideline passes all day.

One game does not a season make. The Patriots aren't that good, and the Bengals aren't that bad. The Bengals got whopped, time to man up or shut up. Remember what happened after Pittsburgh popped them at home in the regular season last year? I think they'll be allright.
    Last edited by guttle11; 10-02-2006 at 10:04 AM.

I can't blame Carson too much for yesterday - his 0-line was atrocious...again.

The Bengals' were playing yesterday without 5 of their top six picks from the last two seasons. At some point that's going to come back and haunt them, and it did. Unfortunately only three of those picks were absent due to injury, technically. (although Frostee was a little of both - but he was IR'd due to one of his court cases supposably getting a lot worse for him)
    Last edited by CrackerJack; 10-02-2006 at 11:33 AM.

had a bad game coming off an emotional win over the Steelers. It happens, it was just one game.

The bengals have some warts but so does every other team.

Can Carson perhaps learn to hang onto the ball a little better? Some fumbles are unavoidable. Is that the case with the six he's had in the past two games?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

A comment made by Rudi Johnson.....saying that maybe they are not as good as they think they are......pretty much sums up an attitude about this team that still does not seem to realize that they haven't won anything yet.

They had a great pre-season but the injuries are starting to take a toll....and they did not play that great in 2 of the 3 wins.

This reminds me of 1974......coming off the division win in 1973 (10-4 over PITT).....they bomb Cleveland in the home opener......than lose to a bad SD team with 2nd year QB Dan Fouts going 99 yards after being down 3rd and 10 from the 1.......and scoring a TD with about 2 minutes to go.

They lost their LT Vernon Holland in that game.

They go 3 straight wins...and then let OAK go about 70 yards with no TO to win the game 30-27 with a TD with ) seconds left on he clock....on a sweep, no less.

After that it was all downhill with injuries and dissesion ( they traded Bill bergey to PHI due to his signing a future WFL contract....and their was a mini-strike in pre-season which divided that team)

They lost their starting Center in Bob Johnson around game 8 (sound familiar?)
    They lost RB Boobie Clark (900+ yards in 1973) with a broken hand in Game 10.
    They had already lost Essex Johnson (Think James Brooks) before the season and he barely played when he was healthy (about 2 games)

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Can Carson perhaps learn to hang onto the ball a little better? Some fumbles are unavoidable. Is that the case with the six he's had in the past two games?
    Sure he needs to. But I wanted to make sure people put blame on the 0-line where it belongs as well - no one ever seems to in this town.

They overrate this 0-line time and time again, they are overpaid and overrated, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Sure he needs to. But I wanted to make sure people put blame on the 0-line where it belongs as well - no one ever seems to in this town.

They overrate this 0-line time and time again, they are overpaid and overrated, unfortunately.
    The offensive line is underperforming early in the season. But you don't run and pass the ball with the effectiveness that the Bengals did last season without the line performing at a high level.

Does anybody see Ahmed Brooks playing yesterday as a good thing?

I've got to think if they can get him up to speed it will really help the depleted LB corps and give approximately the same production we were hoping for from Pollack.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?