Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Steve Stewart have any last words or comments?

Re: Did Steve Stewart have any last words or comments?

I see Thom being brought in as a future replacement for Marty after Marty retires..plus the chance for both father and son to do the reds games has to be a awesome thing for Marty. Plus with fox doing 145 games on TV, i see Stewart vying for a job in that position to give Welsh and Grande time off during the season..

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was and remain a Stewart defender. I thought he did a nice job and I will miss him. In my opinion, if he landed in the TV booth, it's an improvement over Grande and Welsch.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    I was and remain a Stewart defender. I thought he did a nice job and I will miss him. In my opinion, if he landed in the TV booth, it's an improvement over Grande and Welsch.
    Agreed!!!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Although not as charasmatic, Steve was dry and witty. a perfect compliment to Marty IMO. He's a baseball guy with a helluva lot of class. I hope he can get on TV as well.

Radio guys like Marty (in his prime) are VERY rare. Havr you heard the Yankees radio broadcasters? GOD! it's like sliding down greased razors.
    Witty signature.

[QUOTE=sonny;1172624]Although not as charasmatic, Steve was dry and witty. a perfect compliment to Marty IMO. He's a baseball guy with a helluva lot of class. I hope he can get on TV as well.

Radio guys like Marty (in his prime) are VERY rare. Havr you heard the Yankees radio broadcasters? GOD! it's like sliding down greased razors.[/QUOTE]

For a team with a high payroll, they have terrible announcers!!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

The TV guys on WGN are horrific also.

But I did grow to like Steve. He was dull and too timid at first but partly that is due to his inexperience in Cincy and partly being so used to Joe.

Glad to see he appreicated the kind words. I heard a bit of the bannana phone on Saturday night during the 13 minute rain delay and almost every call was to praise Steve and thank him for his work. You could tell he was flattered and somewhat uncomfortable at being praised.

Hope he lands on his feet somewhere quickly. I wouldn't mind him in the FSN TV booth one bit.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 10-02-2006 at 03:40 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    The TV guys on WGN are horrific also.
    I actually like the White Sox guys. they're kind of bland but they can be funny at times. The Cubs TV announcers are awful.

But I love John Sterling, so it appears my opinions are a bit off from everybody here anyway...
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

IMO, Steve and Marty have done some of their best work together since the announcement that Steve would not be back. Seemed like some real give and take like went on with Marty and Joe was starting to happen. Steve was giving as good as he was getting and Marty seemed to be genuinely enjoying it too I thought.

Sometimes there is a certain freedom that comes only after the critcal mass is already over the dam I guess.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I really am enjoying the thought that there could be a possibility Steve Stewart may be able to land in the FSN tv booth...that would be a great compromise to what I feel has been a horribly mishandled situation...Steve seems like a perfect person to either anchor the Reds pre and post game shows and fill in when Chris or George are out....as far as the radio booth--I thought at first if Thom Brennaman got the job it would be a horrible stab in Steve's back; but I have decided since then I may have been wrong...I would love to hear Marty and his boy go back and forth...just dont be shocked if Jeff Brantley gets the job or as a real long shot..the old left hander steps from behind the curtain when introduced at Redsfest as the new (yet old) radio announcer....

Also, any theory that has more than two announcers in the radio booth may as well be thrown out the window....Marty has made it perfectly clear there is no way in hell he will work as part of a three man team....oh, by the way, as a "way out here" suggestion....how about Marty and Hal McCoy as a radio team--the two seem like they would work well together and I'm sure Hal could pull off three innings of play by play a night--if he had a tv monitor close by.

I'd prefer Marty and Kremchek. Anything to keep Doc Hollywood away from diagnosing injuries is good to me.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

With Thom B. already working for Fox and doing TV, I have trouble picturing a scenario in Cincy that does not have him on TV at least part of the time. Whether that might be working some games entirely on TV and others entirely on radio or switching back forth within games or a combination of all I don't know.

As far as George and Chris, is there really going to be that much more travel involved in doing the additional 45 games on TV? Seems to me most of the road games were on TV already or at least one from each series which meant they were travelling to all the cities. So weren't they already doing the bulk of the travel? I guess if George comes into Cincy from elsewhere, then doing basically all of the home games would mean more travel or more time away from home at least for him. But Chris lives in the Cincy area doesn't he? Maybe he has other interests he does not want to lose time from.

I am thinking they are going to end up with 3 guys on the radio team and 3 guys on the TV team (Plus any TV time Thom does and any radio time Joe does) but they all won't be working at the same time.

Many people have mentioned they'd like to see Steve in the TV booth... and someone even went so far as to see he was glad to hear of the possibility of him in the TV booth.

Is there really a possibility, or is all this pure speculation?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I think it's all just speculation on here right now.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Many people have mentioned they'd like to see Steve in the TV booth... and someone even went so far as to see he was glad to hear of the possibility of him in the TV booth.

John Fay's article in today's Enquirer which said Thom Brenneman could be announced as a Reds broadcaster as soon as next week also stated that Steve in the TV booth was a possibility so I would guess it is more than speculation.

Could be Steve's fate with the TV hinges on whether they reel in Thom B.

Much more about this in the similar thread over on ORG.

Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio View Post
    John Fay's article in today's Enquirer which said Thom Brenneman could be announced as a Reds broadcaster as soon as next week also stated that Steve in the TV booth was a possibility so I would guess it is more than speculation.

Could be Steve's fate with the TV hinges on whether they reel in Thom B.

Much more about this in the similar thread over on ORG.
    Wow, thanks. I haven't read the article.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?