Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas wish list

Christmas wish list

My wife is going Christmas shopping tomorrow, and I was wondering what my fellow Redzoners are wanting for Christmas this year.

Hoping this will provide others with some cool gift ideas for themselves or others, so provide a link if you wish.

Thanks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Christmas wish list

A non-suck Reds team, but lately I've been getting a lump of coal.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Retired

I was out shopping today and the stores are already putting the Christmas stuff out, it isn't even Halloween yet!

I'm going to get a Playstation 3, but I'll probably wait until after next year. They are going to be hard to get, and I'm not camping out to buy one. Plus, the first run of electronic items are usually loaded with problems. Will be fun though, HDTV + PS3 + College Hoops 2k7/Madden = the win of all wins.
    Last edited by Reds4Life; 10-13-2006 at 08:31 PM.

Hoping for a Cingular 8125 (or the 8525 if it is out by then. Who knows they keep pushing back the release on it.) Also looking for a dvd recorder with a hard drive. One that has a slot for a sd disk that will go into the phone to easily transfer shows and videos. Also one that lets you record a show on the hard drive and watch other shows at the same time,and that lets you join in the middle of a recording show and start at the beginning while it records the rests. If anyone can point me to one that does all of this it will be greatly appreciated. And I also am hoping for Jason Schmidt to be your opening day Reds starter in 2007.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket View Post
    Also looking for a dvd recorder with a hard drive. One that has a slot for a sd disk that will go into the phone to easily transfer shows and videos. Also one that lets you record a show on the hard drive and watch other shows at the same time,and that lets you join in the middle of a recording show and start at the beginning while it records the rests. If anyone can point me to one that does all of this it will be greatly appreciated.
    I'm very publicly wishing for one of those, preferably before the next season of 24 airs. My schedule is too random to guarantee being home to watch shows when they air.

I know all y'all already have one...but I still want/need an iPod.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

My two front teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    I know all y'all already have one...but I still want/need an iPod.
    You probably should hold off if you want the iPod brand. I've heard they are coming out with a new widescreen model. Therefore, if you wait until it comes out you can either fork over big bucks and get the new thing or buy one of the old 30/60 gb iPods for significantly cheaper. I made the mistake of buying one back in August before I heard about this but I did get it for $240 (normally $300) so I don't feel too bad.

A hippo

A tall blonde

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    A hippo

A tall blonde
    Would a tall blonde that looks like a hippo suffice?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Would a tall blonde that looks like a hippo suffice?

I would like....
    Behringer BG412H Angled Guitar Cabinet (400 Watts, 4x12 in.)
    4 Custom-Made 100-Watt 12 in. Speakers. Tear-Resistant Black Vinyl Covering. Heavy-Duty 12 in. Bugera Speakers.

and to go with it...

Behringer LX1200 V-Ampire Digital Modeling Guitar Amplifier Head
    2x 60 watts or 120 watts mono. 125 presets.

and why not throw in....

Jimmy Page Signature Gibson Les Paul
    Gibson's Jimmy Page Les Paul is based on Jimmy's own customized '59 Standard. His personal touch is everywhere: from the push/pull controls for phasing, coil-tapping, and series/parallel wiring, right down to the compound radius neck profile.
    Let's make some noise!

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

The wishlist I gave my family includes: Terry Glenn jersey. New Gym membership. And I'm still brainstorming anything else I might possibly want. I usually don't ask for much.

The adults in my family draw names and the gift cannot be over $30. We all chip in for food and drinks (plus me and my sisters buy our parents something together). Any kids under 18 get a present from each adult
    ($30 and under) - but by the time the kids are 13 they usually just want money, so they can pretty much rake in $150-250. Right now there is only two grandchildren (of my parents) left but now there are two great-grandchildren.

Last year I asked for and received the wide screen version of White Christmas. If I lose weight I might ask for a gift certificate to go towards buying some clothes.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Nice avatar, Kitty.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?