Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Some thoughts at season's end

Some thoughts at season's end

As my wife and I drove out of town on Sunday for a little getaway trip to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary (today's the day, we left for our honeymoon on the last day of the season in 1981 - disappointed not to be enjoying a Reds/Cardinals playoff series), we listened to the Reds game on our way down to Lexington for the night. Sad to hear them finish in a 1-0 loss, but not surprising given the tenor of the season. One never knew which team would show up. Let's hope for some more consistancy next year.

Last night after getting back in town, I went over to the Cintas Center to hear some of the candidates for state and federal office speak. Ran into my oldest daughter there and I offered to give her a lift back to her apartment. As we approached my car, I thought about the Reds and told her how disappointing it was to come out of something and get in the car and not have the Reds to listen to. I'll watch that countdown for Opening Day, but even more so, the start of Pitchers and Catchers reporting. I can't wait for the Redsfest, the Winter Meetings and trades and signings and the Rule V draft, etc.

In looking at Marc's blog he finished with a comment to readers of his blog that I hope ever Reds fan takes to heart: I hope you enjoyed this season more than many of the comments would indicate.

And I think I'm going to read through that Enquirer I bought this weekend about the Reds winning the pennant in 1961 before I sell it on eBay. Remember some great times.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Some thoughts at season's end

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    As my wife and I drove out of town on Sunday for a little getaway trip to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary (today's the day, we left for our honeymoon on the last day of the season in 1981 - disappointed not to be enjoying a Reds/Cardinals playoff series), we listened to the Reds game on our way down to Lexington for the night. Sad to hear them finish in a 1-0 loss, but not surprising given the tenor of the season. One never knew which team would show up. Let's hope for some more consistancy next year.

Last night after getting back in town, I went over to the Cintas Center to hear some of the candidates for state and federal office speak. Ran into my oldest daughter there and I offered to give her a lift back to her apartment. As we approached my car, I thought about the Reds and told her how disappointing it was to come out of something and get in the car and not have the Reds to listen to. I'll watch that countdown for Opening Day, but even more so, the start of Pitchers and Catchers reporting. I can't wait for the Redsfest, the Winter Meetings and trades and signings and the Rule V draft, etc.

In looking at Marc's blog he finished with a comment to readers of his blog that I hope ever Reds fan takes to heart: I hope you enjoyed this season more than many of the comments would indicate.

And I think I'm going to read through that Enquirer I bought this weekend about the Reds winning the pennant in 1961 before I sell it on eBay. Remember some great times.
    Oh I LOVED this season. It was great to have MEANINGFUL September Games. Ya they struggled in August but how many people thought wed NOT been eliminated by the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Oh I LOVED this season. It was great to have MEANINGFUL September Games. Ya they struggled in August but how many people thought wed NOT been eliminated by the deadline?
    I think anyone who would have suggested that we'd go into the last series still in contention, they would have called you nuts. Well we do that rather routinely around here ( ), but still, it made for a generally enjoyable season. I always am anxious for the next season once the regular season ends.

Man Pills

This will seem obvious, I'm sure: seen one losing season, you've seen 'em all.

Turn Off Ads?