Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grey's Anatomy = Awful.

Re: Grey's Anatomy = Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    I do agree with Ed's blog take on how silly the little "competition" over Meredith is. Guys who look like Chris O'Donnell and/or Patrick Dempsey certainly don't need to pine over a girl who acts like that all the time. That aspect of the show's current plot is simply female writers expressing their ego fantasies.
    I disagree. I'm not sure if you're basing this comment solely on the guy's looks, but McDreamy hasn't been written as a very nice guy. He lied for an entire year that he was married, strung two separate women along while he pretended to be a good guy, flatly rejected Meredith in very rude fashion when he was choosing between her and her newly found wife, etc.

Cause if we're basing this on looks, I wouldn't go for a player like McDreamy ever - because he's severely hurt two women and doesn't even lose sleep over it, even though he's not me in my "league."

I like Meredith. I find her interesting, very intelligent, and funny. Her mother is slowly disintegrating from Alzheimers and her father is a deadbeat. So everyone at the hospital is her family in a way.

Sure, they make departures from reality sometimes that is funny and cute. For instance, last season George walked in on all three female interns naked in the shower as part of a dream sequence. That episode followed the SuperBowl and drew in 35 million fans. If television was all white knuckled drama it would be painful to watch.

The show also features a lot of good really Indie music, is the most diverse cast in recent memory on television, and has really creative writers.

I think, along with Lost, it makes TV fun to watch again.
    Last edited by letsgojunior; 10-06-2006 at 07:09 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Ugh. That's not a great story, that's just unrealistic crap. Really, what surgeon is going to waste time operating on someone who's dead? I've never seen more than a few minutes of the show, and something tells me that's a good thing.
    I don't see how it's a great departure from making someone look nice for their funeral. In this case the surgeon did it for the kid's mother, and it was a simple procedure that didn't take long. The kid died on the table before his face could be fixed.

It was a very sad episode about people being innately self-conscious and having a flaw they think others cannot accept.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior View Post
    I disagree. I'm not sure if you're basing this comment solely on the guy's looks, but McDreamy hasn't been written as a very nice guy. He lied for an entire year that he was married, strung two separate women along while he pretended to be a good guy, flatly rejected Meredith in very rude fashion when he was choosing between her and her newly found wife, etc.

Cause if we're basing this on looks, I wouldn't go for a player like McDreamy ever - because he's severely hurt two women and doesn't even lose sleep over it, even though he's not me in my "league."

I like Meredith. I find her interesting, very intelligent, and funny. Her mother is slowly disintegrating from Alzheimers and her father is a deadbeat. So everyone at the hospital is her family in a way.

Sure, they make departures from reality sometimes that is funny and cute. For instance, last season George walked in on all three female interns naked in the shower as part of a dream sequence. That episode followed the SuperBowl and drew in 35 million fans. If television was all white knuckled drama it would be painful to watch.

The show also features a lot of good really Indie music, is the most diverse cast in recent memory on television, and has really creative writers.

I think, along with Lost, it makes TV fun to watch again.
    I would agree with you that the show is at least watchable most of the time, yeah. (95% of network television doesn't hold my attention and I don't have cable.) Katherine Heigl is hot, McD and Alex need beatings, etc. And I'll concur on the music, even if Snow Patrol is now a shadow of its former self thanks to its GA-driven hit single.

I'm still loving this show, and I'm finding the writing to have improved greatly so far this season as opposed to when the show began. The characters are developing well, and we're beginning to see real human drama develop on the show...behind the scenes as well.

http://lifeandstylemag.hollywood.com..._isaiah_wa.php

Grey’s Anatomy star Isaiah Washington has entered a residential treatment facility in an effort to quell the controversy surrounding his anti-gay remarks — and save his job, Life & Style has learned exclusively.

According to an insider, Isaiah, who issued an apology for his statements on Jan. 18, agreed to undergo a psychological assessment after talks with ABC executives.

The married 43-year-old father of three was spotted entering the facility at 9 a.m. today (Jan. 24).

And in a statement released today, Isaiah, confirms this saying, “With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again. I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally.”

Isaiah, who plays Dr. Preston Burke on the show, became embroiled in controversy for making a homophobic remark about Grey’s castmate T.R. Knight during an on-set argument last fall. (T.R., 33, publicly announced that he is gay after the incident.) The controversy reignited after the Jan. 15 Golden Globe Awards, at which Isaiah denied ever making the comment — but used the anti-gay slur in his denial.

“ABC has told him he must enter a program to examine why he would say such hateful words,” the insider says.

Meanwhile, during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Jan. 17, T.R. confirmed what Isaiah had said last fall — and expressed surprise at his co-star’s attempted denial.

Isaiah issued his apology the next day, saying, “I can neither defend nor explain my behavior. I can also no longer deny to myself that there are issues I obviously need to examine within my own soul, and I’ve asked for help.”

Isaiah’s cast mates have been vocal about the controversy. “I feel really sad,” Kate Walsh has said. “I just trust that our show will deal with it in the way it sees fit.”

Katherine Heigl called the situation “tense,” adding, “I think it’ll work out and I’m hopeful that it’s handled properly.”

Reps for Isaiah and ABC were not immediately available for comment.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior View Post
    If television was all white knuckled drama it would be painful to watch.
    No freaking kidding. Real life has enough of that.

Oh sure, I watch all the trendy *this is the best drama on TV* crap, but sometimes I like a little fluff too.

Yeah, I know that makes me so much less enlightened than some of you. But believe me, I'm somehow able to deal with it.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?