Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grey's Anatomy = Awful.

Re: Grey's Anatomy = Awful.

I've never seen this show, but from reading the blog and these posts, I have to ask: is there any medicine in it? It sounds just like a soap opera. And I'm not saying that bad -- it could be very sharp for all I know -- but it doesn't sound like it's about a hospital at all.

Remember when ER was actually about an emergency room? And it was REALLY GOOD. The first year or two, when I was in high school, everybody watched that show. Now it is an unapologetic soap opera (and not a good one). Yes, it is still one, for you disbelieving.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I've never seen this show, but from reading the blog and these posts, I have to ask: is there any medicine in it? It sounds just like a soap opera. And I'm not saying that bad -- it could be very sharp for all I know -- but it doesn't sound like it's about a hospital at all.

Remember when ER was actually about an emergency room? And it was REALLY GOOD. The first year or two, when I was in high school, everybody watched that show. Now it is an unapologetic soap opera (and not a good one). Yes, it is still one, for you disbelieving.
    There's a TON of medicine in it. One of the stories that hit home to me most was a young girl who was obsessed with being thin. Her mother put tremendous pressure on her to be skinny. So she went to Mexico and had a gastric bypass. Turns out it seriously screwed up her intestines and had to have major reconstructive surgery.

Another good story - guy with Parkinson's, all his daughter wanted was to have him be able to walk her down the aisle at her wedding. He was extremely reluctant because he was afraid of the surgery. Finally had a procedure called DBS which if you check on google is a real procedure for Parkinson's.

The show is structured every similarly to ER, with the exception that the main character are women.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I have to ask: is there any medicine in it?
    I don't know but the heart machines pulse throughout...
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 10-05-2006 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Clarification....

Also another great story - guy with this really bad facial condition. He was so horrified to go out in public. He thought his mother was the only person who ever loved him. Turned out that he had a tumor that was causing some of his problems. He died in surgery, and the surgeon fixed his face after he died.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Mrs. U and I stopped watching GA about midway through Season 2 when we started to feel like the show was more annoying than entertaining. We haven't regretted the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I don't know but the heart machines pulse throughout...

It actually sounds good to me, but I don't think I'll watch it; the medicinal aspect makes it sound more interesting but also scarier. I have a very weak stomach when it comes to that stuff. I fainted on two separate occasions while watching ER. Two.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

if my gf read this thread she would probably attempt to end your life

Porkchop Sandwiches

I must admit I enjoy the experience.

I usually am watching with a room full of female friends. Maybe I just enjoy the "company?" Or maybe I seriously enjoy how caught up everyone female gets in the show? Or maybe I just enjoy the drama? ( the horror!)

I dunno, but it is entertaining when it is not overly eccentric.

Edskin,

Thank you so much for saying this. Lately, I'd been feeling like I was the only one. Your courage is an inspiration. I shudder at the mention of that terrible show.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Your courage is an inspiration.
    I feel like I'm watching a show from the Jerry Lewis/ Sammy Davis/ Dean Martin days.

One might expect Edskin's reply to be, "And coming from the greatest humanitarian in the world, that means so much..."

As Steve Martin pointed out in Roxanne,words don't mean anything anymore: "They've all been wasted...on the shampoo commercials, and uhh, and the ads, and uhh the flavorings. All the beautiful words. I mean, how can you, uhh, how can you love a floor wax? Uhh, how can you love a diaper? I mean how can I use the same word about you that, uh, someone else uses about a stuffing?"

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    I must admit I enjoy the experience.

I usually am watching with a room full of female friends. Maybe I just enjoy the "company?" Or maybe I seriously enjoy how caught up everyone female gets in the show? Or maybe I just enjoy the drama? ( the horror!)

I dunno, but it is entertaining when it is not overly eccentric.
    Francis Sweet shouldn't worry about her tomatoes.

Well, I for one love this show. It holds my attention better than the modern day version of ER.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Worth The Wait

But did you know that Courtney Gaines, the guy who plays Ronald's erstwhile friend in CBML, also played "Malachai" in Children of the Corn?
    I DID know he was Malachai--although I didn't know his name. I also remember him as the token white guy in the "bloods" gang in the movie Colors, starring Sean Penn and Robert Duvall. Dude, don't mess with me when it comes to 80's pop culture!

Worth The Wait

FCB-- Also, did you know that Gerrardo of "Rico Suave" fame was also in Can't Buy Me Love??

He plays one of the "cool" kids who does you know what on Malachai's house.

Grey's Anatomy is a horrible show, that divides my household every Thursday. I absolutely can not stand that show.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?