Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy Trade Idea of the Day (friday variety) Dunn for Manny

Recovering Cubs Fan

Re: Crazy Trade Idea of the Day (friday variety) Dunn for Manny

I once pondered a similar trade, though it was a three-way that had Dunn going to Boston, Manny going to Baltimore, and Tejada coming here. Anyone think that's remotely plausible?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    I once pondered a similar trade, though it was a three-way that had Dunn going to Boston, Manny going to Baltimore, and Tejada coming here. Anyone think that's remotely plausible?
    more plausible than Manny coming to cincy.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Manny is Dunn, only more exaggerated in every possible way.
    And much more of a talented baseball player.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/...mn=fieldingPct

Wow Manny has one ugly range factor.
    Think maybe it has a little to do with that big ugly green wall thats just 300 feet away? I imagine that thing takes away quite a few outs that Manny could get to if it werent so close.

No thanks. Cincy doesn't need the problems he brings with him. UNLESS we can gag and handcuff him between games so that he can't create any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Think maybe it has a little to do with that big ugly green wall thats just 300 feet away? I imagine that thing takes away quite a few outs that Manny could get to if it werent so close.
    First of all, there's no need to call that wall "ugly". I happen to love that wall. And, there probably is something to the stats not doing a good job of taking the wall into account, and he's less of a problem at Fenway just because the wall allows him to play very shallow and take away some hits that way, and limit doubles by having a decent arm and a quick release. Manny rates about the same as opposing left fielders at Fenway, and much worse than them on the road. Which is why I believe the Red Sox haven't been able to trade him to this point, because he is more valuable to them than most of the teams they could trade him to, they get to turn him into an average left fielder for half their games.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?