Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A couple trades and lineup for 07

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A couple trades and lineup for 07

I know I have put up other lineups and trade ideals for the 07 season,but I think this time everything could actually get done.First I am going to start with the trade ideals I dreamed up.

Dunn,Dino,and Magic man
    for
    Giles and Francoeur

The braves want rid of Giles and need more power in the lineup,and if they trade Jones they will need another CF for 07.It also gives them a righty out of the pen,which they need.This way Giles can step in at 2B for the Reds and Francouer can man left.This deal is very plausible and may actually happen.It would also save the Reds a little money.

E.E.,Bailey,Wood,and Coffey.Maybe another prospect as well(low level)
    for
    Willis and Cabrera(spelling)

This trade also would have a chance to get done.It gives the Marlins a young ace and young improving 3B who is a very good player.Plus they save money(we all know that thats all the marlins are worried about).Also we know there not going to sign Borwoski(spelling)back and it would allow Coffey to close for the fish.Wood would just be a prospect with great upside.With Willis at the top of the rotation in front of Harang and Arroyo the Reds would have one of the best rotations in baseball.Cabrera would give the Reds a true run producer in the middle of the lineup to drive in runs.I hate to give up Bailey but if you can get a true ace like Willis you make the deal.

Now lets look at what free agents the Reds couls pick up and other deals they can make.First the other trades.
    Milton to A's or Nats for prospects.The Reds take about 4 mil. of his contract.
    Larue to Boston or Toronto for prospects.Reds take about 2 mil. of his contract.

Now the FA signings
    Padilla SP 7 mil.
    Mota RP 2 mil.
    Bradford RP 2 mil.
    Baez RP 4 mil.
    Graffanino 1.5 mil.
    These signings give the Reds a good starting pitcher and 2 good setup guys and also the closer they need.Then a utility IN that can play all 4 postions.

If these things happen the lineup could look like this:
    1)Freel - CF 2 mil. a year,all moneys are for the 07 year
    2)Giles - 2b 3 mil.
    3)Cabrera - 4.5 mil
    4)Griffey - 9 mil
    5)Francoeur - 2 mil.
    6)Phillips - 3 mil.
    7)Hatteberg - 2 mil.
    8)Ross - 2 mil.
    This would be a lineup of speed,power,and run producing ability.The only down side I see to it maybe the lack of batting average,and on base percentage.But all together it would be a great lineup.

The starting rotation:
    1) Willis - 6 mil.
    2) Harang - 5 mil.
    3) Arroyo - 4 mil
    4) Padilla - 7 mil.
    5) Loshe - 3.5 mil.
    This would be one of the top rotations in all of baseball.It has power,control,and cagieness.Only down side maybe playoff experience.But all in all this rotation would be great to watch for a full year.

Bullpen:
    Rightys
    1)Weathers - 2 mil.
    2)Mota - 2 mil.
    3)Bradford - 2 mil.
    4)Baez (Closer) - 4 mil.
    Leftys
    5)Bray - 1 mil.
    6)Schoenwise(spelling) - 3 mil.
    7)Cormier - 2 mil.
    This bullpen would be solid with a couple power arms and a couple finess ones aswell.Baez could be a great get for closer or a bad one.I think at 4 mil. he would be a good gamble.If he gets back to form it should work out well for the Reds.But with a good balance of rightys and leftys with power arms and control I think the pen will be solid.

Now the bench:
    Valentin - C 1 mil.
    Castro - UIN 1 mil.
    Graffanino - UIN 1 mil.
    Hopper - UOF .5 mil.
    Wise - UOF .5 mil.
    The bench is solid on defense but lacks a punch on the offensive side beside from Valentin.But none the less it could be effective.

Now the money side of the roster.I have checked on the salarys and the Reds should be able to make it happen with the TV money added.The roster should be around 79/80 million counting the money they would pay out for the Milton and Larue deals.The Reds should be able to afford the 80 mil. now with the new moneys coming in.

I think this could be a very strong lineup and could get the Reds in the playoffs in 07.Just thought I would run it by you guys and see what you think thanks.

Re: A couple trades and lineup for 07

Any trade of Adam Dunn must be for pitching.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

7 mil for a guy whos era was 4.50 this past year? Why not just keep Milton for a couple mil more?

If youre going to make a splash with FA SP spend the extra 5-8 mil more and go with a proven commodity.

The others I wouldnt mind except Baez for 4 mil? Ill pass as bad as our closer(s) were Baez was worse and not worth 4 mil.

It would be a cold day in heck before Fla trades both Cabrera and D-Train regardless of the package b/c of Cabrera's upside.

Padilla was pitching for a contract, I expect him to get a ton of cash and then decline somewhat like Adrian Beltre did.

A trade for Francoeur starts with Dunn and ends with Bailey....plus a little bit inbetween.

A trade involving Dunn doesnt have to involve pitching if you can make another trade with other players and get a player with Willis ability.I appreciate all the feed back.

Jeff Francoeur is what many people believe Adam Dunn to be. I'm not too interested in his sub-.300 OBP.

What about Dunn for RHP Tim Hudson even up?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Hudson has been horrible. Just for taking his salary we shouldnt have to give up alot, espically not our best trading chip.

Francoeur was the worst regular LF in the majors last year. He has no plate discipline what-so-ever, average contact rates when he does swing, and his power doesn't even come close to compensating. Heck no!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Francoeur was the worst regular LF in the majors last year. He has no plate discipline what-so-ever, average contact rates when he does swing, and his power doesn't even come close to compensating. Heck no!
    Francoeur is like a really bad version of Geoff Jenkins. But right-handed.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

No! Francoeur isnt a good trade straight up for Dunn,but it would also bring in one of the best 2nd basemen in baseball (Giles) if the trade did happen.Also you have to look at the whole life of all the moves,then put it all together.If the Reds make the trade with Atlanta while also bringing in another run producer like Cabrera in place of Dunn it could work.I just think the roster would be much improved with these moves.

I also think Hudson straight up for Dunn would be a bad trade as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    E.E.,Bailey,Wood,and Coffey.Maybe another prospect as well(low level)
    for
    Willis and Cabrera(spelling)

This trade also would have a chance to get done.It gives the Marlins a young ace and young improving 3B who is a very good player.Plus they save money(we all know that thats all the marlins are worried about).Also we know there not going to sign Borwoski(spelling)back and it would allow Coffey to close for the fish.Wood would just be a prospect with great upside.With Willis at the top of the rotation in front of Harang and Arroyo the Reds would have one of the best rotations in baseball.Cabrera would give the Reds a true run producer in the middle of the lineup to drive in runs.I hate to give up Bailey but if you can get a true ace like Willis you make the deal.
    There is absolutely no way the Marlins go for this. Wood is essentially a throw in and Coffey, well I don't want him to be our closer so I'm sure Florida may have similar feelings. That leaves EE and Bailey. First, you called Bailey a young ace but I think you left out young AA ace. He has not proven anything and if he had why trade him? EE is a good player but is nowhere near Cabrera's league. This is a deal that would truly make the Marlins worse and after their firesale last year I believe they're probably looking at making a run. Sorry, but this doesn't make much since.

In agree Joshnky the Marlins probably dont do the deal.But they always want to shed payroll while bringing back young unproven prospects.With Bailey he is unproven at the big league level but has done all he can in the minors,this is the kind of risks they like to take.

Now E.E.,No he isnt Cabrera caliber yet,but he could be.If the MArlins make the trade that is what they will be counting on.The Marlins always make these kind of deals so just maybe theres a chance for it to happen.

Turn Off Ads?