Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Rod for Dunn?

A Rod for Dunn?

Assuming the money could be worked out. Straight up. No frills. Yes? No? (Assuming ARod would play short in Cincy.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A Rod for Dunn?

Why would the Yankees want Dunn? Don't they have enough guys who disappear when it gets serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Why would the Yankees want Dunn? Don't they have enough guys who disappear when it gets serious?
    Yankees love to stock left handed power because of the short porch at Yankee Stadium. Yankees always think they can fix hitting problems. Yanks also have the DH rule.

Those would be the reasons.

I would do it in a heartbeat.....probably the only way i would trade dunn and not get pitching in return. But it will never happen.

The Yankees now realize they've got enough overpaid stiffs around, why add annother one? Plus I assume they will get not resign Scheffield, but they will still have Abrau, Damon, Bernie, Matsui, Cabrera, Giambi and Wilson. Where would they play Dunn? The Yankees will be spending their bucks on young pitching in the future, not guys who hit .230, no matter how short their porch is.

Sure, but why would the Yankees?

Yes.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Yes.

I believe the amount of money between the two is not a lot since Texas is still paying for a considerable amount of A-Rod's salary.

The reason I could see the Yankees doing this deal is to get younger since for the most part they are an older team. I believe Dunn hitting #2 in that lineup could finally breakout although with guys named Damon and Jeter he would never hit that high in the lineup.

How about A-rod for Homer... the Yankees need young pitching?

(assuming the salary can be adjusted)

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post

Yep. Twice.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Man Pills

Only if the Yanks picked up 3/4 of his salary.

And that ain't gonna happen.

Here's a fact that bears repeating: $25.2 million.

That's half our payroll and when you combine it with Griffey it becomes about 70%. That totally handcuffs Krivsky in building any kind of decent team around those two players, and that's not even hitting on the fact that Griffey gets injured constantly and that A-Rod appears to have a serious mental block right now.

And besides the fact that he's getting a $25 M a year - he has a full no-trade clause. No offense to the Reds, but there's not a chance in hell in my opinion that he'd waive it to come here. A-Rod needs to prove that he can play on a championship team, not that he can pad stats on a team that will be out of it in September.

Now why would we want to do that? If the Tigers/Yankees series proved yet once again that pitching is the name of the game. Why trade the brightest young pitching prospect we've had in 30 years for an overpaid headcase who folds under pressure. Plus if we sign A-Rod it would increase the payrole so much we wouldn't be able to sign anyone else. (The yankees aren't going to keep paying his salery). Lets keep Homer and use our extra money to sign a few guys of value who know how to win.

Plus, I want to see Bailey in a Reds uniform.

To be honest I'm not sure where I come down on this idea, but I agree with Letsgojunior about the fiscal realities. Its seems to be a better hypothetical than a trade for Dunn though...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    (Assuming ARod would play short in Cincy.)
    I don't understand how playing here would affect his height.

Turn Off Ads?