1. a top of the rotation guy... i love harang and arroyo but they are #3 pitchers not 1 and 2.... so i would grab:
Barry Zito- he's the lefty we've been searching for , milton and claussen aren't good enough but zito's curveball would fit great in GABP. he will be pricey but if the ownership group is as serious as they seem they need to do this.
2. a right handed power bat... we have the leftys in the order but we have absolutely no power from the right side... so i would grab:
Alfonso Soriano- his power in our ballpark would be jus ridiculous we saw what he could do first hand we he knocked one clear over the batter's eye. He will be extremely expensive but worth it, he would play 2B and allows us to move Phillips to short.
3. A CLOSER!!- eddie will not do it and no one looks like a great closer in our system right now so im takin:
Danys Baez- he has been a very consistantly good closer and would do wonders for this team.
4. a little more speed and contact- phillips and freel are our only speed unless we do get soriano but we still strike out too much... lets fix that by:
Trading Adam Dunn and Jason LaRue for Carl Crawford and Edwin Jackson
Analysis- Crawford gives us a real leadoff hitter and he hardly ever strikes out and Jackson is still on 23 and has great stuff... but people have given up on him just like they were giving up on Phillips
1. Carl Crawford LF
2. Brandon Phillips SS
3. Ken Griffey Jr. CF
4. Alfonso Soriano 2B
5. Scott Hatteberg/Joey Votto 1B
6. Edwin Encarnacion 3B
7. David Ross C
8. Ryan Freel RF
C Javier Valentin
IF Juan Castro
IF Rich Aurilia
OF Chris Denorfia
OF Todd Hollandsworth
1. Barry Zito
2. Aaron Harang
3. Bronson Arroyo
4. Kyle Lohse
5. Edwin Jackson/Homer Bailey/Brandon Claussen/Eric Milton/Elizardo Ramirez
Danys Baez (Closer)
I think all this is very possible, do you??