Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Live Webcam Feed of an African waterhole

Re: Live Webcam Feed of an African waterhole

African Greens on right now!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like the lions have a Christmas dinner right now.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Could someone post a good link to the cam please? The one I have doesn't work anymore.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

well, i'll be darned - lions! yeah. Kinda graphic, though one of them seems to have a "NOW what do I do with this!" look on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    well, i'll be darned - lions! yeah. Kinda graphic, though one of them seems to have a "NOW what do I do with this!" look on his face.
    They do sorta looked stumped don't they. Lion 1: "We'll, we caught this dang thing, I guess we should eat it eh.". Lion 2: "Hey, I didn't want to eat this thing. I just saw it and had an urge to kill. It's what I do...I'm a lion".

Not much going on now just one lone lion hanging out .

Carnage alert. A lion is eating a dead carcass.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

There were five lions around that carcass all day yesterday, off and on.

I turned the site on to show my mother on Christmas eve, and it was dark on the screen. Suddenly, we heard this incredible roar and it sounded like the lions making the kill on that water buffalo. Then we heard a mans voice yell "help". We nearly jumped out of our chairs. More incredible moaning and crying noises and the roars of the lions followed for several minutes.

Then we heard the guy yell "help" again!!!

We didn't think the lions had the guy yelling, but it was dark and who knew.

Then Christmas morning, you could see the water buffalo and the pride of lions feasting down.

Good times.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Suddenly, we heard this incredible roar and it sounded like the lions making the kill on that water buffalo. Then we heard a mans voice yell "help". We nearly jumped out of our chairs. More incredible moaning and crying noises and the roars of the lions followed for several minutes. Then we heard the guy yell "help" again!!!
    I guess Daktari got a bit spoiled dealing with that crossed-eyed lion, Clarence, all those years. Thought he could easily handle lions that have normal vision. Have to say ol' Daktari "bit off more than he could chew" this time...

Thanks for posting that RFS62. That would have been really neat to see. I wonder why the guy was yelling for help though? The lion didn't really eat the carcass this morning, rather he drug it out of sight into some bushes across the road. There were a couple of hynas that were eating something, perhaps birds though. I checked this out for the first time last night and it's pretty cool.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

They ate on it all day yesterday, off and on.

We never could figure out what the guy yelling was doing. The sound was incredible, though, of the lions killing that water buffalo.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I checked the site out after months of not doing so tonight. Looks like it's undergone a major overhaul. They've added a "Greatest hits" section with links to short clips showing just about every animal that has ever come close to the watering hole. Wasted a good amount of time there this evening.

Turn Off Ads?