Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Chase, Tim Allen, and Red Green Have Got Nothing On Me

Re: Chevy Chase, Tim Allen, and Red Green Have Got Nothing On Me

wow gac. glad your ok and hope you're not in too much pain. that's scary.
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

You're very lucky you just get to use the burn cream. When I was a year old I was walking around our house and put my hand on one of those bathroom stoves that was actually lit at the time. My dad had to peel my hand (literally) off the stove. Anyway because the burns were so bad they had to do what's called debriding. Basically scrubbing away dead skin cells. My mother had to sit on me so they could do it. I'm glad to hear you're okay. Consider yourself very blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    GAC, you've convinced me to stick to my own philosophy of fixing things -- pay someone else to do it.
    If I think it's gonna be a job that I can't do, then I'll hire someone too Johnny. But tinkering around with a push lawnmower, when there isn't much to them to begin with, and which I have done for many years - it didn't seem right taking it to someone.

And anymore, it's hard to find people that do "handyman" jobs. They don't exist anymore.

Maybe because they are dying off from accidents?

I've got some big beautiful maple trees on my property (average height= 30 ft), but since that huge ice storm last winter, and the fact that no one was tending the yard while we were living elsewhere and rebuilding, they really needed trimming bad. I also had alot of dead branches.

It would have cost me around $1500 to have a tree service come in and do the job. And I couldn't really afford it.

I was at Lowes about 2 weeks ago and saw a Remington electric trimmer (saw w/ a telescopic pole) for $100. It reaches 15 ft. So I bought one, and for the last two weekends have been hitting it trimming the trees. And it's definitely hard work, which I am not afraid of. I finished up the last tree this weekend.

I have 3 huge piles in the far corner of my lot.

I was gonna burn them; but I think I'll pay to have somene haul them away.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    wow gac. glad your ok and hope you're not in too much pain. that's scary.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Holey moley, that's crazy. Glad you're OK buddy, but my goodness...I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. And I used to fiddle around with my father's mower all the time. I got it to spit out some nice blue smoke every once in awhile when I put too much oil in, but that's about it. Never got close to blowing the mower up (which, believe me, my friends and I would have tried had we thought it to be possible.)

Anyhow, glad you're OK, if short a layer of skin. It could have been worse--you could have had to finish mowing the lawn after that!
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Glad yer ok GAC

Maybe that electric mower I complain about so much is not so bad
    Go Gators!

Really glad you're okay GAC!

Maybe we need to start a life insurance fund for GAC.
    Quickly.

Sorry to hear about your pain, brother- that has to be miserable.
    Best wishes.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 10-09-2006 at 08:40 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Ouch plus GAC Been on fire myself and know it hurts alot more than your thoughts here are expressing. You were very fortunate if one can use that expression in such a case. Are your lungs alright?

Now you're sure that this isn't the result of some subconscious effect because of the Reds and Browns multi-year drought? while the fact remains that the moles are undefeated in your yard? Fess up, you were trying to smoke them out weren't you!
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 10-09-2006 at 07:50 PM.

Glad to hear you escaped what sounds like could have been much worse. So, how did your son escape harm?

I'm glad your injuries weren't more serious. Get well.

I must say though, you and fire...I have this image of you looking like Tom from Tom & Jerry were Tom starts smoking the cigar and it blows up in his face.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    Ouch plus GAC Been on fire myself and know it hurts alot more than your thoughts here are expressing. You were very fortunate if one can use that expression in such a case. Are your lungs alright?
    Yes. Fortunately, the force of the explosion threw me back quick enough before I could breath any of it in.

Now you're sure that this isn't the result of some subconscious effect because of the Reds and Browns multi-year drought? while the fact remains that the moles are undefeated in your yard? Fess up, you were trying to smoke them out weren't you!
    I am not ruling out that this was a set-up job by the moles for all the relatives of theirs I've taken out. I was actually up around 4 AM the other morning, sitting on my back porch, and I could hear some sort of screaming and yelling coming from the woods behind my house? Mole terrorist training camp?

I'm feeeling much better today. I went to the Drs yesterday - they changed the dressings and very pretty nurses coddled me while they pulled off a layer of dead skin and asked me if it hurt?.... I said yes, but keep it up!

It seems I'll be off work for 2 weeks (maybe 3), depending on the healing process.

So I came up with a David Letterman's Top Ten List as to why GAC set himself on fire....

10. It's the only way I can get pretty woman (nurses) to pay attention to me.

9. I can't afford Botox injections.

8. I ignored the warning label that said equiment was safe to operate unless you initials are G.A.C.

7. It was the only way I could stay home and watch the MLB post-season.

6. Auditioning for the role of the Human Torch in the FF sequel.

5. The only way I could insure I had the "Stop, Drop, and Roll" routine down correctly

4. I read that it was the only sure-fire method for removing unsightly ear and nose hairs.

3. It always looked funny whenever it happened to Daffy Duck.

2. I have always idolized Richard Pryor.

and the #1 reason (drum roll... and in my Pee Wee Herman voice)...

"I MEANT TO DO THAT!"
    Last edited by GAC; 10-10-2006 at 06:24 AM.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Well, I'm glad you're ok, but I'm also glad you can look at it with a bit of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Well, I'm glad you're ok, but I'm also glad you can look at it with a bit of humor.
    yeah, I'll be OK. I also realize that if conditions were different, then it could have been alot worse. My wife, when it comes to any type of trial, is on the exact opposite of the spectrum from me. She always looks or sees the bad, or "what could have happened", and it causes her to worry too death. She sometimes gives me a hard time because I refuse to worry - at least not to the extent she does.

It's not that I'm someone special, or any different from anyone else. And yes, we've been through alot this year with the house fire, my oldest boy's surgery (second phase is next week), and now this.

But worrying/fretting over a situation accomplishes nothing IMHO. And I do believe that God will (and has) utilized life's trials to teach and refine us in facing life's difficulties.

Jesus, GAC! Thank goodness you didn't damage your eyes.

What are we going to do with you?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?