Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How much longer till Jake Plummer gets benched? (bad QB discussion clearinghouse)

How much longer till Jake Plummer gets benched? (bad QB discussion clearinghouse)

Plummer has sucked his whole career... this guy is so overrated, IMO. He'll tease you a little bit but he'll always lose it for you in the end.

DREW BLEDSOE: YUCK. Gotta give due credit to the Philly D, but I think this guy is really close to being 'past it' if he's not there already. Romo?

Brett Favre : UGH. Feel bad for this guy, but, MAN, watching him is brutal.

I know the old argument, look at the players around them yadda yadda yadda... HOWEVER: Ultimately, the buck stops with the QB.
    Last edited by WMR; 10-09-2006 at 09:18 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How much longer till Jake Plummer gets benched? (bad QB discussion clearinghouse)

Plummer: Will stay as a starter as long as the Broncos are in it all year. Next seson will go to Jay Cutler.
    Bledsoe: Whatever happend to Drew Henson?
    Favre: Yuck. Should be on Dancing with the Stars by next season.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: How much longer till Jake Plummer gets benched? (bad QB discussion clearinghouse)

Watching Favre this year really makes me respect guys like Elway who went out on top. There's nothing more sad than watching an athlete who was once one of the best try to hang onto it too long.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Watching Favre this year really makes me respect guys like Elway who went out on top. There's nothing more sad than watching an athlete who was once one of the best try to hang onto it too long.
    You know what's more sad - Hubris and Ben Roethlisberger. At the height of his success, and his physical strength - he has lost his abilities, and he will probably lose the confidence of his team, and he will certainly lose his job in the near future. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    You know what's more sad - Hubris and Ben Roethlisberger. At the height of his success, and his physical strength - he has lost his abilities, and he will probably lose the confidence of his team, and he will certainly lose his job in the near future. What a waste.
    Yeah, Ben is a pretty sad case the way he's playing right now. Don't get me wrong though. I do enjoy watching the Steelers lose.

Anyone else watching this game tonight? I know Baltimore has a decent defense, but I can't help thinking that they would be vulnerable to a better offense than what Denver is running out there. Plummer is really off tonight. I know the weather can have something of an effect, but not to the degree that he's missing.

I was thinking that too ORH, seemed that Plummer kept missing the open man. Very frequently underthrowing and just off target most of the night.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    I was thinking that too ORH, seemed that Plummer kept missing the open man. Very frequently underthrowing and just off target most of the night.
    I watched the Philly game the other day and it seems like McNabb fires the ball at his receivers regardless of how close or far they are. There were several very short passes (5 yds) where he rifled the ball so hard there was no way the reciever could catch it..... and they didn't.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-10-2006 at 08:52 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

It's wishful thinking that Roethlisberger is done. No way. I hate the Steelrs, but honestly, he's pretty darn good.

People can rag on Bledsoe all they want, and I know he isn't awesome, but 24 points should be enough to win a football game.

After Bledsone tears up Houston this week, everyone will be saying that he is back.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

If Denver keeps winning, Jay Cutler will have to wait.

If the Steelers keep losing...I'll laugh hysterically if Ben is benched, considering he can do no wrong.

I think I saw on ESPN's bottom line today that Drew Henson was just released from the Minnesota Vikings practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I think I saw on ESPN's bottom line today that Drew Henson was just released from the Minnesota Vikings practice squad.
    Maybe the Reds should pick him up and trade him to the Yankees for another young outfielder.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    How many more teams are going to take a flyer on this guy?

Hasen't he proven his worthlessness yet?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    He'll have more TDs than INTs by the end of the year -- mark it down.

We're talking about a guy who has had two major operations in the span of 6 months. His timing is going to be a TAD off to start the season.

Plus, once Santonio Holmes gets a better grasp of the playbook and starts playing a more prominent role, it'll aid Roethlisberger tremendously. Losing Randel El caused a void on that offense.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?