Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Narron rumblings--per Lance

Narron rumblings--per Lance

Things I'm told today....Narron rumblings
    Seems Jerry and Rich Aurilia went nose to nose with a week left in the season, and things got "pretty ugly". Rich told those that saw it, he wasn't coming back if Jerry was in charge in 2007. But I'm told money has a way of talking and if Rich doesn't get a better offer, don't be surprised if Rich returns.
    Also....
    Rheal Cormier and Jerry had words in the final week of the season over Rheal's role.
    The Reds told Rheal from the start that he would only throw in close games when the game was on the line....but through most of the season, they used him all over. Then, with two weeks left, Jerry went up to him and said, sorry we have used you all over, the last two weeks, you will only throw when the game is on the line. The very next day, they got him hot in the pen with a 7 run lead or something. He went nuts on Jerry too.
    Seems Rich might not want to go to SF, just wants to be away from Jerry.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Narron rumblings--per Lance

Sounds like much ado about nothing.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Sounds like much ado about nothing.
    Oh no, it's something. The beginning of the media's turn on Jerry Narron.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

It's something...could lead to nothing...but it looks like perhaps the clubhouse isn't sold on him either...

I posted this on reds live also.....

One of the areas I give Narron credit for is the handling of the clubhouse and egos. He was able to jungle the 40 bazallion roster changes and on the surface keep everybody happy.

Frankly, IMO his handling of the clubhouse stuff is his best strength. If more of these stories bubble up and discontent spreads then I may have to step into the "it's time to go Jerry" camp.

I think any effective orginization has to start with those in the orginization trusting the leader. If he/she doesn't have that trust forget any sustanable, effective action from the followers.

It will be very interesting to see if more of these stories surface (I'll need more than one mention in on an internet blog to put any stock in this). BC strikes me as the kind of leader that would not like to hear that his manager can't handle his troops.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Also from Reds Live (sorry, I read that one first but still feel the same):

It didn't say Rich's problem was a "beef", the word people keep using to describe the situation though Lance didn't. It said they had words; it could have been over anything, even a trivial thing... I'm sure tempers were VERY short all around in the clubhouse during the last couple weeks.

It seems a lot of assumptions are being made with not much available information.

As far as Cormier goes, why on earth would one ever tell a pitcher that he'll only pitch in tight situations? I've never heard of such a thing. You choose your bullpen pitcher as the game situation dictates, while taking into consideration how much the guy's already pitched recently and who else is availabe (or not).

And why even bother to take this public now, a week and a half after the season has ended?

I totally agree with whomever said some things should be left in the clubhouse. And, like I've said more than once in the past, the media has way too much access to the clubhouse for far too long before and after games.

The clubhouse is the players' home away from home and yet they have no privacy except for one hour prior to game time (and a lot of that time is spent on the field). The media has its ears everywhere pretty much all of the time. I'd find that quite frustrating in and of itself if I were on the team.

A lot of the stuff they report isn't the result of an interview; instead it's something that's overheard during a private conversation (or at least as private as it can be under the circumstances) or something that's observed (as the RA/JN incident here). Why not either leave it alone, or reveal what the dispute was over? And if the writer doesn't know, then don't report it. Half truths leave a lot of room for speculation, which is often the intent of the writer, be it right or be it wrong.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    As far as Cormier goes, why on earth would one ever tell a pitcher that he'll only pitch in tight situations?
    especially a bad one.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    It's something...could lead to nothing...but it looks like perhaps the clubhouse isn't sold on him either...
    But Wayne Krivsky is, sadly.

Now that Torre is staying Piniella's options are going to be limited to either Chicago or Washington. I doubt he'd be interested in the SF job since he wasn't a fan of cross country flights. If the Reds are going to make a change, the clock is ticking down pretty quickly.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

maybe it was just a bad burrito, I know what those can do.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    But Wayne Krivsky is, sadly.

Now that Torre is staying Piniella's options are going to be limited to either Chicago or Washington. I doubt he'd be interested in the SF job since he wasn't a fan of cross country flights. If the Reds are going to make a change, the clock is ticking down pretty quickly.
    I don't think he'll go to either Washington or Chicago...

I don't think he'll go to either Washington or Chicago...
    No other east cost or midwest jobs available unless someone else gets fired.

Yay!

Texas is still available, too, isn't it???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    No other east cost or midwest jobs available unless someone else gets fired.
    Did Texas hire anybody yet?

San Fran's available.....but not sure if he wants to go to the west coast

Did Texas hire anybody yet?

San Fran's available.....but not sure if he wants to go to the west coast
    I forgot Texas. San Fran is probably out, too far from Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I posted this on reds live also.....

One of the areas I give Narron credit for is the handling of the clubhouse and egos. He was able to jungle the 40 bazallion roster changes and on the surface keep everybody happy.

Frankly, IMO his handling of the clubhouse stuff is his best strength. If more of these stories bubble up and discontent spreads then I may have to step into the "it's time to go Jerry" camp.

I think any effective orginization has to start with those in the orginization trusting the leader. If he/she doesn't have that trust forget any sustanable, effective action from the followers.

It will be very interesting to see if more of these stories surface (I'll need more than one mention in on an internet blog to put any stock in this). BC strikes me as the kind of leader that would not like to hear that his manager can't handle his troops.
    As a representative of the "it's time to go Jerry" camp, we would be glad to have you aboard.

As to the Pinella to D.C. story, this morning's post said Lou turned them down after his interview, saying he didn't want to be with a rebuilding club as he did that in Tampa Bay (and we all know how that worked out). I'm not so sure, the Cubs are that much better (they may be worse) than the Nats, so he may just have to wait for something else and he may be available come May. However, I'd like to see him take the helm well before Spring Training (even though I, sadly, don't believe Narron is going to be let go).
    Last edited by Strikes Out Looking; 10-10-2006 at 03:35 PM.
    Win the Division

Turn Off Ads?