Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2006 Mets: Do They Resemble the BRM?

Re: 2006 Mets: Do They Resemble the BRM?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I see your bid and I raise you a Khrushchev, komrade, Kamchatka, Kiev, kommissar, Kalashnikov and KGB.
    Ah yes, but you forgot such stalwarts of communisim as:
    The Republic of Dagestan
    the rivers Donets, Dubna, Dvina, Dep, Desna and Davganva
    Felix Dzerzhinsky - famus commie revolutonary
    Doku Zavgaev - Soviet Commie party offical
    Dmitri Danilovich Lelyushenko - Soviet Military Comander

And lest we forget the commie inflicted defeat at Dien Bien Phou.

Soooo..I think it's pretty obvious that Dunkin Doughnuts is a front orginization for commies and the likes of Gus Hall.

That or the DD is appealing to something else sinister. Beats me
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 10-13-2006 at 01:11 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Ah yes, but you forgot such stalwarts of communisim as:
    The Republic of Dagestan
    the rivers Donets, Dubna, Dvina, Dep, Desna and Davganva
    Felix Dzerzhinsky - famus commie revolutonary
    Doku Zavgaev - Soviet Commie party offical
    Dmitri Danilovich Lelyushenko - Soviet Military Comander

And lest we forget the commie inflicted defeat at Dien Bien Phou.

Soooo..I think it's pretty obvious that Dunkin Doughnuts is a front orginization for commies and the likes of Gus Hall.

That or the DD is appealing to something else sinister. Beats me
    That's mostly mere geography. Kazakhstan, Kyrgyztan, Kaliningrad, the Kuril islands. Dien Bien Phooey, Commie history books would barely mention it. Kursk however, the largest tank battle ever fought, they'd devote some pages to that one.

Karl Kautsky was known as "The Pope of Marxism," as in Karl Marx
    Lev Borisovish Kamenev was a founding member and one-time chairman of the Politburo
    Sergey Kirov was one of Joe Stalin's earliest supporters
    Kliment Voroshilov was the Marshall of the Soviet Union, instrumental in Stalin's Great Purge and had the KV series of tanks named after him
    Mikhail Kalinin (for whom Kaliningrad was named) was the titular head of state for the Soviet Union from 1918-1946 and signed the papers for the Katyn Massacre.

Then you've got the Komsomol, the Soviet version of the Hitler Youth. I already mentioned the Kremlin and the KGB. Guess what letter the Comintern starts with in Russian? That's right, K.

Yet, and this is the clincher, here's the Russian spelling for the word Communist: Kommunisticheskiy. That's right, over there they considered themselves Kommies and every Kommie thing they did began with a K. They'd have made Krispy Kremes the state doughnut for sure.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Yet, and this is the clincher, here's the Russian spelling for the word Communist: Kommunisticheskiy. That's right, over there they considered themselves Kommies and every Kommie thing they did began with a K. They'd have made Krispy Kremes the state doughnut for sure.

You seem to know a lot about the commies....

Maybe a little TOO much.

Don't mind the non-descript sedan with two gentlemen in dark suits and buzz cuts that will be parked out front and "keeping an eye" on you.

That's a fair point. Obviously the Mets are only one year into this level of play. Though you've got to figure they stand to be on a decent run with Beltran, Wright and Reyes all having what should be many good years in front of them.

Anyway, even if they only play this way for one season, I'm not going to knock it. It's the kind of baseball I love and it's a relative rarity to see it. Plus, the Mets are a really good representation of the art form.
    I can agree at that level, and concur with it defining good baseball. I noticed this in another thread, but I don't think the late 60s-early 70s Orioles necessarily get their due in this regard. Paul Blair in center, speed on one corner of the outfield (Don Buford), power on the other corner (Robby). Brooks and Belanger picking it, with Boog Powell going deep and driving in runs at first. The pitching rotation was superior (McNally, Cuellar, Palmer) and the bullpen was solid. I'd say the only incomparable position was Elrod and Etchebarren behind the plate. But those teams were very, very talented and should be mentioned in the same breath as the BRM, even down to an innovative manager.

You seem to know a lot about the commies....

Maybe a little TOO much.

Don't mind the non-descript sedan with two gentlemen in dark suits and buzz cuts that will be parked out front and "keeping an eye" on you.
    I know enough not to eat Kommie Kreme doughnuts.

I know enough not to eat Kommie Kreme doughnuts.
    So you prefer "Dzerzhinsky Dacha" doughnuts instead?

I wonder about you.

Hahahahaha

You guys are making me hungry...

So you prefer "Dzerzhinsky Dacha" doughnuts instead?

I wonder about you.

Hahahahaha
    And note how Krispy Kreme and it's exapnsionist aims have struggled in our capitalist society. Meanwhile, Dunkin' Donuts with its true-blue Yankee heritage continues to thrive.

Oh, and I forgot to mention a little book called Das Kapital.

And note how Krispy Kreme and it's exapnsionist aims have struggled in our capitalist society. Meanwhile, Dunkin' Donuts with its true-blue Yankee heritage continues to thrive.

Krispy Kreme closed down in Colorado Springs this past year.

Really? Because I always thought the expansive network of Duma Doughnut stores allowed them to redistribute the earnings of the stores that are doing well to the stores that are floundering. You know, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need. "

:

So is this what the off season threads are like? hahahaha

So is this what the off season threads are like? hahahaha
    Mostly. Lots of stuff about Jim Coombs, how to identify Redszoners in public and SERP.

Turn Off Ads?