Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things That Only You Do With Your Food

Re: Things That Only You Do With Your Food

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    No tomatoes. Ever.

Spaghetti with no sauce. Pizza with no sauce. Fries with no ketchup.

Tomatoes cause cancer. I can prove this because I don't eat tomatoes and I don't have cancer. Irrefutable evidence.

Shaun Ryder of the Happy Mondays is adamant about not eating tomatoes. Somebody asked him why once in an interview, and he said it's because he grew up next to a sewage yard. Get this -- the human body does not digest tomato seeds, so the seeds would sprout amongst the human waste and the landfill was always covered in tomato plants. He said that it was quite beautiful, but he's never been able to eat tomatoes because he associates it with, well, feces.

That turned me off from tomatoes for a while, but not for too long. I'm Italian and my family has a hard enough time with my being a vegetarian, they'd disown me if I gave up tomatoes. But I am always surprised at the amount of people I run across who won't eat them. And they're always ADAMANT about it.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The weirdest thing I do eat is popcorn kernels -- the unpopped variety you find in the bottom of the popcorn bowl. The half-popped ones are good, too.
    If there is a niche in the American food market, it will get filled.

http://www.popnots.com/index.php
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

am i the only one that does this--whenever i eat a big sandwich like a big boy,whopper etc i smash the sandwich between my 2 hands to make it as flat as possible

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Very finicky eater here. I'll enjoy reading these posts... but I will never try any of them! I will not even eat Taco Bell... the meat looks like (take a good guess) anything other than meat to me.
    My friend was telling me the other day she was told by a TB Employee that the meat is more Soy then Moo... she said they don't mark it as ground beef in the kitchen.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I had a friend in HS who would eat tuna fish, mixed with mac and cheese, ketchup and applesauce.

Since I don't eat meat there isn't really anything too weird that I eat, though my wife thinks it's weird that I'l make my own Meza Plates.

In HS I went through a phase where I ate Peanut Butter and Marshmellow whip sandwiches slathered in Wheat Germ and also Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Since I don't eat meat there isn't really anything too weird that I eat, though my wife thinks it's weird that I'l make my own Meza Plates.

In HS I went through a phase where I ate Peanut Butter and Marshmellow whip sandwiches slathered in Wheat Germ and also Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.
    Wow...you really are a hippie. :

There was a time in college when I'd steal some ketchup packets and saltines from the local fast food joint (the BBF at OU) and make "tomato" soup out of it.

I was hungry.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    There was a time in college when I'd steal some ketchup packets and saltines from the local fast food joint (the BBF at OU) and make "tomato" soup out of it.

I was hungry.
    yeah, the "only thing" I do to my food these days is make sure it's good.

But when I was poor and in college (no dorm, no money from home) I ate plenty of potatos... plenty and I did a ton of weird things to them... baked with Blu Cheese Dressing all over it.... just one of the ways.

To this day I have a hard time looking at baked potatos because of the ten thousand I ate in the 80's.

Tomatoes cause cancer. I can prove this because I don't eat tomatoes and I don't have cancer. Irrefutable evidence.
    As someone who eats tomatoes all the time I have to say... Bullocks!!!

Rich and red, tomatoes may help cut your cancer risk

I like to put a dollop of peanut butter on a plate with a warm piece of apple pie and eat them together. It's that time of year again too.

I'm not sure if that's weird or not but is sure is yummy.

Peanut butter is good on celery.

Sorry WOY.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I like maccaroni and cheese with catsup. Not really weird, I suppose but it's good.

As someone who eats tomatoes all the time I have to say... Bullocks!!!

Rich and red, tomatoes may help cut your cancer risk
    Propaganda.

The Tomato lobby is second only to the NRA in terms of lobbyist dollars spent.

You can read all about it in my manifesto, Better Dead than Red: The Tomato Conspiracy, which I'm currently shopping to publishers.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Peanut and Dorito sandwiches.

Love them.

I like pickled things, eggs, okra, green beans, onions, watermelon, jalepenos, any pepper actually. A house without pickles is a house without love.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I like pickled things, eggs, okra, green beans, onions, watermelon, jalepenos, any pepper actually. A house without pickles is a house without love.
    I'm partial to pickled cucumbers. Ever heard of those?

Turn Off Ads?