Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Mussina

Re: Mike Mussina

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Isn't Milton's contract for next year an option? Can't the Reds decline that option? Not sure where to look up contracts for ballplayers, otherwise I'd look - I do admit I'm too lazy to google it though...

I think it's a player option and you can bet the house Milton will excercise it.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Really it is way too early to speculate on who's going to be available to us this offseason, cause we have no idea how much $ is going to be there. If we are going to be major players in the FA market, then we must find a way to shed some contracts like:

1)Griffeys 10 million+
    2)Milton's 8
    3)Dunn's 10
    4)Larue's 5

The only one that has signifigant trade value is Dunn, but we are going to be selling low based on his September free fall. Now on the other hand; if we package him with say Freel then we eliminate @12 million in $ to pursue other FA's.

Scenerio: Reds trade Adam Dunn and Ryan Freel to Toronto
    for a package of: Alex Rios (OF) Russ Adams(SS) Dustin McGowan(P) and Jeremy Accardo(P)

We then can afford to pursue a FA starter like Padilla, and acquire another Of to man CF, and still provide a bat or two for bench depth.(Wes Helms)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Isn't Milton's contract for next year an option? Can't the Reds decline that option? Not sure where to look up contracts for ballplayers, otherwise I'd look - I do admit I'm too lazy to google it though...
    If that were true, why would anyone even be discussing it?

No, the Reds have to pay.

No thanks on Mussina
    Go Gators!

I wouldnt mind having Moose but i think we arent the type of team he wants to be on at this point of his career and his years are getting up there. Knowing our luck we'd sign him and he'd lose... hes one of those finesse guys now so he can probably pitch for a couple more years

I think he sticks with the yanks bc its his best shot at padding his career potential hall of fame numbers

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh View Post
    I wouldnt mind having Moose but i think we arent the type of team he wants to be on at this point of his career and his years are getting up there. Knowing our luck we'd sign him and he'd lose... hes one of those finesse guys now so he can probably pitch for a couple more years

I think he sticks with the yanks bc its his best shot at padding his career potential hall of fame numbers
    I never took that into effect. Good point!

Since he is from Montoursville, PA he is a stone throw from Williamsport, PA where I live. Alot of locals don't like the guy because he charges people in his hometown for his autograph.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Turn Off Ads?