Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Proposal

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Trade Proposal

I was offered Willie Parker straight up for Torry Holt.

Here is my team:

Eli/Bledsoe

Larry Johnson/ Frank Gore

Torry Holt/ Larry Fitzgerald/Greg Jennings/TJ Houshmandzadeh

Now- here is the thing.

I have zero backup RBs. None. Frank Gore has his bye next week so I could play Parker and then Jennings and Housh until Fitzgerald comes back.

I honestly have no clue what to do...Holt averages about what Parker does, but I can't see a wideout doing that all year...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Proposal

If Holt starts every game for you, and Parker would be on the bench, then all you are gaining is a security blanket at the expense of production.

You are correct.

Had Fitzgerald not went down, I would have done this deal, probably.

Johnson and Gore are close to hurt nearly every week, though. Parker would be terrific to have around but I think Holt is too much to pay for a guy I would have on my bench, though admittedly, I would be playing matchups at that point.

I'm just getting scared because Holt and Gore are off next week and I have zero backup running backs.

This would not have even mattered- my team is the highest scoring team in our league- but I had two heartbreaking losses where I got screwed by kickers having career games.

I have more points than anybody yet I am 3-2.

Holt is too valuable to give up for a 3rd RB, even if it's Willie Parker.

Trade Jennings or Housh for a lower-tier RB like Domanic Rhodes, or else grab a guy like Leon Washington off waivers.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

grab a guy like Leon Washington off waivers.
    Yeah...I cut him last week because I figured he wasn't going to do anything.

I have no patience.

I traded Bledsoe for Kevin Jones.

The guy was pretty depserate for a QB and Jones plays the Jets the week I need him. The difference between him and Parker will be prety slim and then I also get to keep Holt.

When Fitzgerald comes back, I will have to choose between Holt, Fitz, Jennings, and Housh each week.

Nice problem to have.

Bledsoe was actually worth a lot in our league because our sytem is QB heavy. He was 7th in points scored in the entire league. But Eli is second, and I just have to start him every week, no matter how tough the matchups get in that division.

Good deal on your part.

Huge deal on your part, Dom. Huge.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Huge deal on your part, Dom. Huge.
    And I almost turned it down because those points against Houston this week were hard to not pass up.

But it actually ended up being something I could use as leverage...

One note: Our league uses the "Team QB," so even if Bledsoe gets benched in favor of Romo, he'll still get Romo.

I am really happy I made the deal and I might even play Kevin Jones over Frank Gore this week.

There are no two worse defenses for running backs to play than San Diego and Pittsburgh and I'm going up against both of them this week if I don't start kevin Jones.

I thought that was rare, but when I complained about it, another owner told me it happened to him last week with Parker and Tomlinson.

Kevin Jones came out of nowhere and had a huge day. Did you start him?

Oh yeah. He helped me cruise. I needed that win because I am going to lose this week.

It also didn't hurt that the guy that I played didn't set his lineup. He started the Cleveland team QB, and, well, they were sort of on a bye this week.

Hopefully Jones can keep it up this week against the Jets.

most of the time Bulger goes to Holt, i have I.Bruce on my fantasy team and i hate when Bulger always goes to holt

I hate when two of your best players go at each other.

I also hate McNabb and Tomlinson on bye-weeks.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?