Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you trade Ryan Freel?

Re: Would you trade Ryan Freel?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    There is not a person in this organization I wouldn't trade if the right deal came along.
    That's two of us.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

How about Freel to the A's for Duchscherer. The A's could use a good lead off man...because Kendall isn't getting any earlier

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    How about Freel to the A's for Duchscherer. The A's could use a good lead off man...because Kendall isn't getting any earlier
    It's a great idea, but Duch doesn't sound like a Krivsky target, and Beane would want (and get) more for him.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    Duchscherer is the guy I've been hoping we can get as the answer to the closer situation. He excelled as Street's setup man and performed just as well as closer when Street was injured.

a few other guys I'd try to flip Freel for who could help us out right away in the bullpen would be Rafeal Soriano of Seattle (freel would be very valuable here if they do trade ichiro). Andrew Sisco of KC and Rauch of Washington.
    I dont know if any of these three would be reasonable to ask for with freel, but they intrigue me as guys to persue.
    Last edited by mound_patrol; 10-11-2006 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by isaiahbarney View Post
    I have seen a lot of speculation on other forums, news sites, and magazines that many teams covet Ryan Freel. What would you want for him? He does seem to be an extremely valuable trading chip that wouldn't tear apart our offense.

I have seen the some suggestions, such as:

Horacio Ramirez
    (SP, Atlanta Braves, 26 yrs old, $2.2 mil, career 4.13 ERA/1.4 WHIP)
    for Ryan Freel

Javier Vazquez (SP, Chicago White Sox, 30 yrs old, $12 mil, career 4.34 ERA/1.27 WHIP)
    for Ryan Freel

On the Vazquez deal the Reds would likely take on most of the salary. The White Sox might pay $4 mil.

Thoughts?

Ryan Freel spews pure heart and guts for this team. That being said I would take either of the options you suggested
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

There should be no sacred cows on this team. Krivisky has shown he'll pull the trigger to the right deal.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Krivisky has shown he'll pull the trigger to the right deal.
    Or the right deal's second cousin's neighbor.

Sure.

But I don't think you are going to get a decent player in return. I really like what Freel brings as I'm sure other managers do. But, I'm sure not sure anyone would give up much to get him.

Turn Off Ads?