Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft crashes into New York high rise building...Cory Lidle confirmed dead

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Aircraft crashes into New York high rise building...

RIP Cory. And all those involved as well

This is such a weird thing to happen

2. Turn Off Ads?

What a horrible tragedy.

I wish nothing but the best to Cory's family. I can't remember from him time here in Cincinnati....he was married with two small children?? Is that right??
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I've always hated the Yankees, but my heart is with New York and the Lidle family.

Re: Aircraft crashes into New York high rise building...Cory Lidle confirmed dead

2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Aircraft crashes into New York high rise building...Cory Lidle confirmed dead

All of a sudden it seems really insignificant to talk about sports right now.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    What a horrible tragedy.

I wish nothing but the best to Cory's family. I can't remember from him time here in Cincinnati....he was married with two small children?? Is that right??
    They (MLB) no longer show that family info on the websites... but IIRC you are right.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Cory was 34 years old. He apparently had just earned his pilot's license last off season.

I just turned on ESPN News and they were in the middle of talking about what this means for the Yankees already thin pitching staff.

You stay classy, ESPN.

I'm speechless. This is absolutely awful. RIP Cory. My thoughts and prayers are with everybody affected by this tragedy.

I just turned on ESPN News and they were in the middle of talking about what this means for the Yankees already thin pitching staff.

You stay classy, ESPN.

:thumbdown That's stunningly tasteless.

My heart goes out to all involved in this tragedy.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

You stay classy, ESPN.
    You have got to be kidding me.

He had one child, according to ESPN.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

ESPN regular has Phillips and Kruk on now....they haven't mentioned the Yankees...they've mentioned the indicent and family, and how baseball has tragically lost a fraternity brother.

Retired

NBC News now also confirming Lidle was killed in the crash. NYC medical examiner is also confirming he has died.

Oh no....ESPN is speculating that Cory's family may not even know anything's wrong as they believe they are on an airplane.

I pray to God that's not true.

Turn Off Ads?