Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft crashes into New York high rise building...Cory Lidle confirmed dead

Re: Aircraft crashes into New York high rise building...Cory Lidle confirmed dead

RIP Cory and May GOD be with his family. I can not even imagine how hard this is going to be.
    I'm your Huckleberry." - Doc Holliday

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Aircraft crashes into New York high rise building...Cory Lidle confirmed dead

EBAY

:thumbdown

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Although Cory Lidle is not of the same stature both personally and professionally, don't you think that if ESPN was around when Roberto Clemente was killed that it would have been inappropriate to say as a lead in "boy, that's really gonna hurt the Pirates chances next year?" I can play devil's advocate as well as anyone, but I sure am not gonna try to say that was "just a matter of perspective" on this one.
    ESPN had to talk about something when the bosses there made the call to stay on the air with the story before they had the resources in place to do more than discuss it from the set. Now they are, quite appropriately, delivering live interviews with people who actually knew Cory Lidle.

I defend ESPN's choice mainly because it was made on the fly and in the heat of battle. Those are the loneliest and toughest calls for producers to make. It might have even been the call of the anchor on the set who was running out of things to say.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    You've really got to wonder if the Mets and Cardinals will play tonight.
    That would be a bit drastic. No disrespect to Cory Lidle, but there is no direct contact with either team other than he played for the Mets early in his career.

Reminiscent of the sad day another Yankee, Thurman Munson, died while piloting his own craft 27 years ago this year.

RIP, Cory and God Bless your family, friends and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    That would be a bit drastic. No disrespect to Cory Lidle, but there is no direct contact with either team other than he played for the Mets early in his career.
    With the rain falling right now, the fact that this happened in New York City and also the fact that he was a Major League ballplayer, it wouldn't surprise me to see the league take all things into consideration and move back the game.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    With the rain falling right now, the fact that this happened in New York City and also the fact that he was a Major League ballplayer, it wouldn't surprise me to see the league take all things into consideration and move back the game.
    They were just at Shea Stadium on Sportscenter and there is a steady rain falling so I think that game will probably be rained out.

This whole thing is so bizarre I can't even wrap my head around it.

Here is a New York Times article about Cory and his flying, from just about a month ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/08/sp...db809f&ei=5070
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Rest in peace, Cory. Very sad news.

Very Very sad to hear....i couldnt believe this when i heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    This whole thing is so bizarre I can't even wrap my head around it.

Here is a New York Times article about Cory and his flying, from just about a month ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/08/sp...db809f&ei=5070
    it really is very odd. thanks for the link.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Wow....that's....awful.

I've needed a new Reds jersey for awhile, and I now may be getting one as a 'throwback' in honor of Cory.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Wow....that's....awful.

I've needed a new Reds jersey for awhile, and I now may be getting one as a 'throwback' in honor of Cory.
    I got me a Darnell Stenson jersey a few years back and ill probably be getting me a Lidle jersey now too.....It might sound corny but it really is the only way i can think to honor someone like that. I wear my Stenson jersey to every game....Next year ill be alternating Stenson and Lidle.

Kind of puts thing into perspective....how horrible. RIP Cory Lidle.

Turn Off Ads?