Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

The idea behind this is too pile up enough to flip to the D-Rays or Marlins. Do you think this may work more in the Reds favor? They could also trade Freel and Milton for prospects. If the Reds get enough prospect with decent to high ceilings the Marlins or Devil Rays are bound to bite.

Your thoughts? What prospects could be obtained?
    Last edited by SultanOfSwing; 10-11-2006 at 03:59 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you trad Dunn for prospects?

Absolutely not. Dunn needs to bring some real value in return, not the potential for value.

Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

I doubt this would happen since Wayne and BC want to win now. If dunn goes it has to be for a good pitcher. If you can get prospects for milton though I am all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    Absolutely not. Dunn needs to bring some real value in return, not the potential for value.
    He would if the prospects netted Cabrera or Crawford and maybe more.

Only if they were say, Erick Aybar, Howie Kendrick, and Brandon Wood.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by isaiahbarney View Post
    He would if the prospects netted Cabrera or Crawford and maybe more.
    As I said, I wouldn't trade him for the potential to pick up equal value. The Reds have "built for the future" far too many years, and I hope the new regime doesn't do the same.

Well no, you wouldn't acquire several prospects and hope the Marlins bite. It would be more like a 3 or 4-way deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Only if they were say, Erick Aybar, Howie Kendrick, and Brandon Wood.
    I don't know the reality of that, but I would jump all over something like that. Then Phillips and maybe EE become tradeable. Their demand, especially EE's, would likely be huge. If you could keep one or two of those and combine the others with some of the Red's prospects you could net Cabrera and maybe even Willis too.

No.
    Go Gators!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Yes, depending on the prospects. They need to be at the AA level or higher though.

Oh and there is no way Dunn would bring you Brandon Wood straight up, much less if it included Erick Aybar and Howie Kendrick.

Erick Aybar is someone I like though as a target.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yes, depending on the prospects. They need to be at the AA level or higher though.

Oh and there is no way Dunn would bring you Brandon Wood straight up, much less if it included Erick Aybar and Howie Kendrick.

I would agree that it depends on the prospects. and I would hope Aybar isn't one of them, he is seriously overhyped(no power, no patience, lots of errors).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

That was sort of my point. Dunn, as it stands now, probably isn't going to bring the type of return that would be necessary to offset his loss. The offense is just too thin to trade Dunn unless we get contributing players in return. That said, I would certainly shop him to see if that deal is out there.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I would love to see this organization stockpile pitching. Pickup good pitching, but also get some good minor league position players that are stuck behind guys in the majors at their position. That's how we got Phillips and others.

nope, trading dunn with the lack of offense this team already suffers from is ignorant...

Is Billingsley still considered a prospect? Both the Dodgers and Angels (probably the ChiSox, BoSox and maybe the O's too) could put together a package that would make me pull the trigger. Unfortunately, the GM that met my price probably wouldn't be able to sit down afterwards for 3-4 years so it probably won't happen.

Part of me really hates the idea of trading Dunn, but the other part really hates the makeup of this ballclub and wonders if a big return for him is part of the answer.

If Krivs does deal him it needs to change the fortunes of this franchise for the better.

Turn Off Ads?