Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I would agree that it depends on the prospects. and I would hope Aybar isn't one of them, he is seriously overhyped(no power, no patience, lots of errors).
    I guess what I like about him is his glove (he does play great defense despite his errors), he hardly ever strikes out (about once out of 10 at bats), he can steal some bases (but still needs work), and he hits a fair share of doubles. He is a slick fielding SS, so I wouldnt expect much power out of him, and the lack of walks is a little worrisome, but he has speed and puts the ball in play a lot of the time. I dunno, maybe I just like him more than most.

2. Turn Off Ads?

yep, though I'd want to see a AAA pitching prospect. You could most likely land a #1 pitching prospect for Dunn.

Also, no team is going to trade you a mindblowing proven pitcher for Dunn. They're not stupid! You've got a take a risk, you just hope that Kriv and company does their homework on it and pull the trigger.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

no.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I guess what I like about him is his glove (he does play great defense despite his errors
    next Omar Vizquel, I've heard that somewhere before.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Recovering Cubs Fan

That's weird; I was just thinking about this today. I often wonder how Cardinals fans feel when Pujols is at bat in a key situation. Do they think: "Oh goody, maybe he'll walk instead of strike out"?

No. I bet they're thinking they hope these dopes are dumb enough to pitch to the man, cause he's gonna make 'em pay. That's the way I'd like to feel when Adam Dunn comes to bat.

But I don't. Neither do you. And we all know why.

Now, Miguel Cabrera. There's the closest thing to Pujols remotely available to the Reds. If they got him, they'd have him --at a good price-- for three years at least. He is a true franchise player, something the Reds sorely lack. If Dunn could get you Felix Pie and Angel Guzman, and those two plus Encarnacion get you Cabrera, I do that in a single heartbeat.

Cabrera would be the heart and soul of any offense. Junior and Dunn are more like the liver and spleen.

So, yes, definitely, I would trade Dunn for prospects. I would even *gasp* consider throwing in Homer Bailey if it got Willis, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    So, yes, definitely, I would trade Dunn for prospects. I would even *gasp* consider throwing in Homer Bailey if it got Willis, too.
    Homer Bailey should not be "thrown in" to any deal, much less one that also includes Adam Dunn.

If we're sending Dunn and Bailey somewhere in the same deal, we better be getting a 25-year-old Roger Clemens and a boatload of other parts.

I'm still holding out hope for a deal sending Dunn to the Tigers for Humberto Sanchez and Brent Clevlen. That would make the offseason for me.

The problem with Dunn is that I have lost confidence in him.

I know, I know........who am I?

Seriously, I don't know anybody that has any faith in Adam. I'm ready to deal him for the immediate future. I don't want to necessarily rebuild, but I honestly don't see winning a World Championship with these guys, namely our studs...........so why not deal them and move on and hope for the best?
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by larks View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for a deal sending Dunn to the Tigers for Humberto Sanchez and Brent Clevlen. That would make the offseason for me.
    Sanchez is a decent target for someone but not worth including as a key primary for someone of Dunn's production level. Brent Clevlen demonstrates a decent IsoD (@0.85) but hasn't consistently demonstrated much in the way of power production and absolutely bombed at Erie (AA) this season at the age of 22. Right now he's a fringe guy and that's nothing I'd want as anything more than a throw-in for a lesser deal.

Any trade of Adam Dunn must change the fortunes of the franchise and those two guys just don't do it.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    The problem with Dunn is that I have lost confidence in him.

I know, I know........who am I?

Seriously, I don't know anybody that has any faith in Adam. I'm ready to deal him for the immediate future. I don't want to necessarily rebuild, but I honestly don't see winning a World Championship with these guys, namely our studs...........so why not deal them and move on and hope for the best?
    Lost confidence in Adam Dunn? I'd ask that you point to a single post you've ever made that actually displays anything resembling real confidence in Adam Dunn or that demonstrates an undertanding of Dunn's worth to the franchise- a player you've recently positioned as "dead weight" even though he was worth more Runs than any other Reds player in 2006. For Win Shares, Bronson Arroyo had an unbelievable season and finished with 21 Win Shares and Dunn produced 20 at his worst. If Dunn is "dead weight" then Arroyo should also summarily be jettisoned.

As far as dealing anyone for the immediate future...

On the Kearns/Lopez trade:

ChatterRed 7/13/06: Great trade that will follow in the footsteps of obtaining Phillips, Arroyo and Ross. This management knows what they are doing.

ChatterRed 7/20/06: Nice trade for Majewski. He's really been a plus. (sarcasm)

Translation: "In management I trust but a week later when things get stinky I'm right there to bash them senseless."
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Only if they were say, Erick Aybar, Howie Kendrick, and Brandon Wood.
    Oh hell Rick I am down with that pipe dream if possible
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Sanchez is a decent target for someone but not worth including as a key primary for someone of Dunn's production level. Brent Clevlen demonstrates a decent IsoD (@0.85) but hasn't consistently demonstrated much in the way of power production and absolutely bombed at Erie (AA) this season at the age of 22. Right now he's a fringe guy and that's nothing I'd want as anything more than a throw-in for a lesser deal.

Any trade of Adam Dunn must change the fortunes of the franchise and those two guys just don't do it.

Maybe you can make this a three-way deal:

Dunn to Detroit for Sanchez and RHP Zach Miner.

Reds then trade Sanchez, Miner, Encarncion and Coffey to the Marlins for LHP Dontrelle Willis and 3rd baseman Miguel Cabrera.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    ChatterRed 7/13/06: Great trade that will follow in the footsteps of obtaining Phillips, Arroyo and Ross. This management knows what they are doing.
    there were a lot of posters drinking the kool-aid right after the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Reds then trade Sanchez, Miner, Encarncion and Coffey to the Marlins for LHP Dontrelle Willis and 3rd baseman Miguel Cabrera.
    why would the Fish want to trade Willis and Cabrera? They certainly don't need to, they can easily afford the salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    why would the Fish want to trade Willis and Cabrera? They certainly don't need to, they can easily afford the salaries.

It depends what they get in arbitration. If Jeffrey Loria keeps the payroll around 20 million, he might see these two as two expensive.

But the Marlins won't give them away. You'll have to give up quality prospects and young players to get them.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Turn Off Ads?