Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

  1. #16
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    33,773

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I would agree that it depends on the prospects. and I would hope Aybar isn't one of them, he is seriously overhyped(no power, no patience, lots of errors).
    I guess what I like about him is his glove (he does play great defense despite his errors), he hardly ever strikes out (about once out of 10 at bats), he can steal some bases (but still needs work), and he hits a fair share of doubles. He is a slick fielding SS, so I wouldnt expect much power out of him, and the lack of walks is a little worrisome, but he has speed and puts the ball in play a lot of the time. I dunno, maybe I just like him more than most.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,788

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    yep, though I'd want to see a AAA pitching prospect. You could most likely land a #1 pitching prospect for Dunn.

    Also, no team is going to trade you a mindblowing proven pitcher for Dunn. They're not stupid! You've got a take a risk, you just hope that Kriv and company does their homework on it and pull the trigger.

  4. #18
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    no.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

  5. #19
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I guess what I like about him is his glove (he does play great defense despite his errors
    next Omar Vizquel, I've heard that somewhere before.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  6. #20
    Recovering Cubs Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    711

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    That's weird; I was just thinking about this today. I often wonder how Cardinals fans feel when Pujols is at bat in a key situation. Do they think: "Oh goody, maybe he'll walk instead of strike out"?

    No. I bet they're thinking they hope these dopes are dumb enough to pitch to the man, cause he's gonna make 'em pay. That's the way I'd like to feel when Adam Dunn comes to bat.

    But I don't. Neither do you. And we all know why.

    Now, Miguel Cabrera. There's the closest thing to Pujols remotely available to the Reds. If they got him, they'd have him --at a good price-- for three years at least. He is a true franchise player, something the Reds sorely lack. If Dunn could get you Felix Pie and Angel Guzman, and those two plus Encarnacion get you Cabrera, I do that in a single heartbeat.

    Cabrera would be the heart and soul of any offense. Junior and Dunn are more like the liver and spleen.

    So, yes, definitely, I would trade Dunn for prospects. I would even *gasp* consider throwing in Homer Bailey if it got Willis, too.

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    985

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    So, yes, definitely, I would trade Dunn for prospects. I would even *gasp* consider throwing in Homer Bailey if it got Willis, too.
    Homer Bailey should not be "thrown in" to any deal, much less one that also includes Adam Dunn.

    If we're sending Dunn and Bailey somewhere in the same deal, we better be getting a 25-year-old Roger Clemens and a boatload of other parts.

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    142

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    I'm still holding out hope for a deal sending Dunn to the Tigers for Humberto Sanchez and Brent Clevlen. That would make the offseason for me.

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    The problem with Dunn is that I have lost confidence in him.

    I know, I know........who am I?

    Seriously, I don't know anybody that has any faith in Adam. I'm ready to deal him for the immediate future. I don't want to necessarily rebuild, but I honestly don't see winning a World Championship with these guys, namely our studs...........so why not deal them and move on and hope for the best?
    Who's on first?

  10. #24
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    9,299

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by larks View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for a deal sending Dunn to the Tigers for Humberto Sanchez and Brent Clevlen. That would make the offseason for me.
    Sanchez is a decent target for someone but not worth including as a key primary for someone of Dunn's production level. Brent Clevlen demonstrates a decent IsoD (@0.85) but hasn't consistently demonstrated much in the way of power production and absolutely bombed at Erie (AA) this season at the age of 22. Right now he's a fringe guy and that's nothing I'd want as anything more than a throw-in for a lesser deal.

    Any trade of Adam Dunn must change the fortunes of the franchise and those two guys just don't do it.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  11. #25
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    9,299

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    The problem with Dunn is that I have lost confidence in him.

    I know, I know........who am I?

    Seriously, I don't know anybody that has any faith in Adam. I'm ready to deal him for the immediate future. I don't want to necessarily rebuild, but I honestly don't see winning a World Championship with these guys, namely our studs...........so why not deal them and move on and hope for the best?
    Lost confidence in Adam Dunn? I'd ask that you point to a single post you've ever made that actually displays anything resembling real confidence in Adam Dunn or that demonstrates an undertanding of Dunn's worth to the franchise- a player you've recently positioned as "dead weight" even though he was worth more Runs than any other Reds player in 2006. For Win Shares, Bronson Arroyo had an unbelievable season and finished with 21 Win Shares and Dunn produced 20 at his worst. If Dunn is "dead weight" then Arroyo should also summarily be jettisoned.

    As far as dealing anyone for the immediate future...

    On the Kearns/Lopez trade:

    ChatterRed 7/13/06: Great trade that will follow in the footsteps of obtaining Phillips, Arroyo and Ross. This management knows what they are doing.

    ChatterRed 7/20/06: Nice trade for Majewski. He's really been a plus. (sarcasm)

    Translation: "In management I trust but a week later when things get stinky I'm right there to bash them senseless."
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  12. #26
    Member Topcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Only if they were say, Erick Aybar, Howie Kendrick, and Brandon Wood.
    Oh hell Rick I am down with that pipe dream if possible
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Posts
    12,354

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Sanchez is a decent target for someone but not worth including as a key primary for someone of Dunn's production level. Brent Clevlen demonstrates a decent IsoD (@0.85) but hasn't consistently demonstrated much in the way of power production and absolutely bombed at Erie (AA) this season at the age of 22. Right now he's a fringe guy and that's nothing I'd want as anything more than a throw-in for a lesser deal.

    Any trade of Adam Dunn must change the fortunes of the franchise and those two guys just don't do it.

    Maybe you can make this a three-way deal:

    Dunn to Detroit for Sanchez and RHP Zach Miner.

    Reds then trade Sanchez, Miner, Encarncion and Coffey to the Marlins for LHP Dontrelle Willis and 3rd baseman Miguel Cabrera.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

  14. #28
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    ChatterRed 7/13/06: Great trade that will follow in the footsteps of obtaining Phillips, Arroyo and Ross. This management knows what they are doing.
    there were a lot of posters drinking the kool-aid right after the trade.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  15. #29
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Reds then trade Sanchez, Miner, Encarncion and Coffey to the Marlins for LHP Dontrelle Willis and 3rd baseman Miguel Cabrera.
    why would the Fish want to trade Willis and Cabrera? They certainly don't need to, they can easily afford the salaries.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  16. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Posts
    12,354

    Re: Would you trade Dunn for prospects?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    why would the Fish want to trade Willis and Cabrera? They certainly don't need to, they can easily afford the salaries.

    It depends what they get in arbitration. If Jeffrey Loria keeps the payroll around 20 million, he might see these two as two expensive.

    But the Marlins won't give them away. You'll have to give up quality prospects and young players to get them.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25