Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why is the Lidle thread not in this forum?

Why is the Lidle thread not in this forum?

It certainly doesn't seem to belong in the "miscellaneous, non-baseball chatter" forum.

As far as I know, Cory Lidle was a baseball player and even a Cincinnati Red.

Why did the thread get moved?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why is the Lidle thread not in this forum?

The thread started over there before Lidle's name was even mentioned. I agree...maybe the thread should be opened back up over here.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

It started their originally before anyone knew it was Lidle. I beleive the mods just figured it was best to have one place where everyone could discuss it.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Seems like the baseball forums would be the best place to discuss the death of a baseball player.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

So why is it so hard to go over to the other thread to discuss? Last time I checked it was 90 responses deep. Seems to be doing quite well in its current location.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I started it when the news broke about the aircraft hitting a building. My first reaction was "oh no...not again."

Fortunately...it wasn't a terrorist attack, just an accident.

Unfortunately, there were deaths, and unfortunately, one was a known ballplayer, and former red at that...
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 10-11-2006 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    So why is it so hard to go over to the other thread to discuss? Last time I checked it was 90 responses deep. Seems to be doing quite well in its current location.
    The story has taken a decidedly baseball twist since the original thread opened. I looked on both forums first before I looked on the non-baseball chatter site.

Now if it had been a golfer piloting the plane then I could see it being relagated to the hinterlands.

Rem

Bettert to have 1 thread over there then 1 here and 1 in Reds Live.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Bettert to have 1 thread over there then 1 here and 1 in Reds Live.
    I respectfully disagree. Especially since the title of the thread makes no reference to Lidle.

Rem

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Especially since the title of the thread makes no reference to Lidle.

Rem
    Well, it does now - plus it's stickied.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 21-17
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Indeed. I think most people on here are smart enough to know that a plane piloted by Corey Lidle crashed into a building today so they can put two and two together and realize that just perhaps the thread on non-baseball about the plane crashing might be about that very subject.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?