Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Playoff schedule change for Friday

Playoff schedule change for Friday

Because of the Mets Cardinals making up the rainout game on Friday and the fact that the weather in Detroit is supposed to be very cold they have changed the playoff schedule on Friday.

ALCS game 3 will now be moved to 4:35 ET in the afternoon.
    NLCS game 2 will be played at 8:05 ET.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Playoff schedule change for Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Because of the Mets Cardinals making up the rainout game on Friday and the fact that the weather in Detroit is supposed to be very cold they have changed the playoff schedule on Friday.

ALCS game 3 will now be moved to 4:35 ET in the afternoon.
    NLCS game 2 will be played at 8:05 ET.
    Time-wise it should be like this for ALL the Championship Series games.

Having both of them start at the same time, and making baseball fans toggle between two TV stations to watch them is another one in the "baseball is stupid" column

Time-wise it should be like this for ALL the Championship Series games.
    That's a large chunk of the nation getting the game during a work day. I prefer they rotate days and only play the same day on the weekends, also damn football and play Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That's a large chunk of the nation getting the game during a work day. I prefer they rotate days and only play the same day on the weekends, also damn football and play Sunday afternoon.
    Alternate days would be ok too.....it makes more sense to allow people to see ALL the games instead of choosing.

However, if they'd make me choose over football....if it's not the Reds, I choose football

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    However, if they'd make me choose over football....if it's not the Reds, I choose football
    I would rather watch a Devil Rays/Royals game than a NFL game.

I'll take the playoffs and World Series, any day, against a regular season NFL game.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Matter of opinion I guess. I'm more inclinded to pick NFL over baseball, but it would ultimately come down to what game the NFL is....if it impacts or is the Bengals (and baseball is not) I'm there. If it's two NFC teams...probably not so much.

Football is my favorite...baseball is a very close second
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 10-12-2006 at 06:30 PM.

I like football. I like golf. But baseball, well...........it's different.

Randy

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.

Dave Barry

There are three things in life which I really love: God, family, and baseball. The only problem is, once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.

Alan Gallagher, Giants infielder, 1971
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

They are darning football - If there is a Game 5 of the ALCS - they start at 4:40pm.

BTW - and if I didn't have to work and be on call this weekend - there are tickets remaining in the $75-95 dollar range for every game this weekend ONLINE at www.tigers.mlb.com

If the Tigers play in the World Series - next weekend - and the tickets are available like this - I am going to have to buy some.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

If the weather in Detroit tomorrow is like the weather here in Chicago today, I pity them. It snowed for a good hour this morning and has been 32-34 all day. Should be interesting.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    If the weather in Detroit tomorrow is like the weather here in Chicago today, I pity them. It snowed for a good hour this morning and has been 32-34 all day. Should be interesting.
    High: 48
    Low: 36

Makes me appreciate the 77 we have here today.

High: 48°
    Low: 36°

Makes me appreciate the 77 we have here today.
    They are also expecting winds of 26 to 29 MPH with gusts up to 37 MPH during the Tigers game with a chance of rain or snow showers.

Turn Off Ads?