I've seen >100 possible trades for dunn.
Some say Dunn for E Santana or J Bonderman could happen.
Others say no way.
Some want MORE ( ie E Santana & one of the Angels top prospects ).
Some want to give Dunn away for junk.
I am not a big fan of Dunn.
I want the Reds defense improved for 2007 and that means Dunn or Jr in left and the other gone.
Trading Jr is problematic ( 10/5 rights and fan outrage ) so I think Dunn is more likely to be traded.
I realize Dunn's numbers last year were a slight dropoff from 2005 but I do believe there should be many teams desirable of a guy who hits 40 HRs with a .370 OBP.
So...realistically who would be calling Krisky & what can Krivsky get for Dunn?
What is the LEAST you would be willing to trade Dunn for?
1. Angels ( of course ).
* Dunn & Cormier for Shields & O Cabrera.
The Angels want offense.
They also need a LH reliever.
They have 2 SS prospects.
From the Reds side they get a good defensive SS who can hit & a closer.
*Dunn straight up for E Santana.
2. Tigers ( pitching rich and need a LH hitter ).
*Dunn straight up for Bonderman.
*Dunn straight up for Rodney or Zumaya ( sp ) & one of the Tigers top AAA pitching prospects.
Zumaya ( sp ) & one of the Tigers top AAA pitching prospects is probably the minimum I want for Dunn.
- Dunn straight up for Rodney or Zumaya ( sp ) & Maroth or Miner.
I don't think this is enough.
3. Yankees. I don't think they have much to trade to the Reds.
4. Astros. Looking for another bat. Not sure what they could offer.
5. Cubs. Not sure what they could offer.
7. Padres need offense.