Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our new hitting coach needs to be...

our new hitting coach needs to be...

ken griffey sr... u notice everytime jr. is in a slump he calls dad and the next 10 games or so jr. goes on one of those rolls, sr. would get the maximum ability out of all of our hitters

and our pitching coach needs to be mario soto he taught EZ the changeup and has been making our minor league pitchers better all year plus if ur a pitcher ur scared to have a bad outing cuz mario will knock u out lol

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: our new hitting coach needs to be...

Just because Sr. can fix Jr. doesn't mean he would be a good hitting instructor. He can help Junior because he understands his swing and how to talk to him becaus he is, after all, his father. Besides, I don't know that Sr. would want the job. I haven't heard anything on how he is doing, but his health is what he needs to concentrate on now.

That is just opinion, much like any other suggestions for hitting/pitching coach. Few people around here actually have insight into the operations of this club. The ones that do are probably limited as to how much they can say. Needless to say that many statements of who would be right for the job are not as well informed as they should be. You need a person who meshes well with the other coaches, manager, and players. A person who can convey their knowlege. Very few of us would actually know who has these qualities. You can guess by looking at stats of teams that a coach had been a part of, but the fact is that some teams can make a hitting/pitching coach look better or worse than they actually are because of the talent on the team.

Remember, great players don't always make great coaches.

I want a coach who can help all the batters, not just one.
    Go Gators!

Senor Votto

I would just like a hitting coach that can teach Dunn to cut down on some of the strikeouts.

I want Chris Chambliss back.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Where's Walt Hriniak when you need him?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    so do i.

what i fear is the return of a Robson type...or a hitting coach like Boone or Bowa.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

got alil captain in u?

i fear wanye's gonna hire dave wallace

According to voices coming out of Texas, Rudy Jaramillo was told he would not be a candidate for the Rangers managerial vacancy and has expressed his desire to be released from his contract once a new manager is decided on. If that is the case, considering his relationship with Jerry Narron as his hitting coach in Texas and that they are very close friends, I'd say Jaramillo would be the front runner. That would be a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    We agree on something around here finally. WHO KNEW!?

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I would just like a hitting coach that can teach Dunn to cut down on some of the strikeouts.

His name was Mike Greenwell. He retired I think.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Soto may be a great pitching coach. I don't know. The thing that concerns me is that all you here is how he can teach the change up. this is a great pitch but A starter in the bigs needs at least three pitches. this would be my biggest concern. Also didn't he return home halfway through the season because of obligations there. Would this be a conflict that would restrict his coachin the big league club?
    There is one coach I Can think of who did well by teaching a single pitch. Roger Craig made a pretty good living teaching the split finger. And the change up does not tear up the arm nearly as bad.
    Griffey senior left the coaching staff a couple years back with some bad blood with the old upper management. Not sure what that entailed or if it would carry over with this management. This group seems like it handles personell much better. I too am not sure the severity of Sr's. health problems but naturally taking care of this would be his top priorty. That said, these things aside I like him as a pitching coach.
    Like another poster said, we do not really have a clue. We can name people we like or who have done well with other teams or at other levels, but we don't know if they will mesh with this team.
    Whoever they get hear's to a big 2007 season!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll be interesting to see. I would venture to guess it would be left up to Narron. I'm not sure Ken Sr. is a good choice though. Jr's years here are numbered. I don't see him sticking around anywhere after his contract is up unless there is something that snaps him into wanting to play baseball again. He hasn't seemed to want to do that in a couple years.

Peter Edward Rose, Reds tell MLB that they will bring him back as a coach and never as manager...and he saves baseball and the Reds again....ah to dream

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23 View Post
    According to voices coming out of Texas, Rudy Jaramillo was told he would not be a candidate for the Rangers managerial vacancy and has expressed his desire to be released from his contract once a new manager is decided on. If that is the case, considering his relationship with Jerry Narron as his hitting coach in Texas and that they are very close friends, I'd say Jaramillo would be the front runner. That would be a nice addition.
    I think that Jaramillo would be a good choice.

Turn Off Ads?