Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 Reds Armchair GM

Re: 2007 Reds Armchair GM

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    EE has great range IMO. I'm also not big on fielding statistics... I think fielding is a part of baseball that you can't get the whole picture by using stats
    I agree 100%. EE has always been regarded very highly for his glove. Many seem to forget that the man is golden fielding the ball. I don't think they have ever actually watched him play. Maybe they just listen to what Marty, some reporters, and a few posters on here have said. His throwing has improved dramatically and he works his butt off (even Marty praises him for that). If I had to choose I would rather have a 23 yr old 3B with great instincts, an amazing glove, a strong arm, a great bat, but has to work on accuracy than an avg defensive 3B and EE at 1st.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2007 Reds Armchair GM

I have a MAJOR issue with the idea that Edwin should be moved from 3B.

He's young.

He's gonna get better.

The Reds should stop messing with him.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?