Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to the World Series

Re: I'm going to the World Series

Wow GIK!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

I never even thought about persuing tickets....we're only a three hour drive away...now I'm kicking myself for not trying.

Have a wonderful time, and I'm with the others....don't drink. This will be an experience that you'll want to clearly recall for the rest of your life.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Went to NYY-SD. Some guy walked into Stan's with a Padres hat. Walked out 5 seconds later w/o it. I hate the Yankees, but it was hysterical.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I can't believe you actually beat the Ticketmaster website...

WS...great, but getting tix at nominal price from Ticketmaster is incredible!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Congrats, I am definately jealous. Detroit has one of the nicest parks in the majors.

I actually wanted to go to game 2, but didn't realize they were selling tickets on Ticketmaster this morning. I realized it about 2 pm...oh well. It is a lot of money so I'll probably save it and use it for the bigger game Jan 8 (fingers crossed).

I've got two, maybe four, tickets to both Saturday night games (Games 1 and 6). Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able to get there. It's a 12 hour drive.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Game 2 '76 against the Yanks. I went to game 2 of the NLCS in '90. Those are my two post season experiences, both of them quite memorable.
    I was at Game 2 in 90 as well. My future wife's and my 3rd date. Date. Listen to me. No, see, she just understood how awesome I was to get tickets.

I miss that eerily apocalyptic feeling that WS games have. Like the end is just around the corner.... What a great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I've got two, maybe four, tickets to both Saturday night games (Games 1 and 6). Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able to get there. It's a 12 hour drive.
    Dude, drive. It's the WORLD SERIES. and road trips are fun. Usually. If it's not, remember that you're doing it for the WORLD SERIES.

You all are very lucky. I would do almost anything to go to a WS game, regardless of teams. It's so special, and you never know what will happen.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

So, you mean this ticket isn't any good?

Congrats GIK. I've never been to a WS game and am very jealous. Have a good time and share your stories!
    Last edited by BuckWoody; 09-18-2007 at 07:37 AM.

Do you have that ticket in your hand though, BuckWoody? That's pretty cool.

I have a couple of old tickets from my mom (from games that were actually played) -- a couple of NLCS tickets, definitely, plus one from the Reds WS vs. Baltimore. They are superfunky looking. And I think that WS ticket has an $8 price on it
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I can't believe you actually beat the Ticketmaster website...
    That's why many call it "Ticketmassuh"
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Do you have that ticket in your hand though, BuckWoody? That's pretty cool.

I have a couple of old tickets from my mom (from games that were actually played) -- a couple of NLCS tickets, definitely, plus one from the Reds WS vs. Baltimore. They are superfunky looking. And I think that WS ticket has an $8 price on it
    Yup. We paid for them and they sent them to us just a week before the post-season started. You can tell that they didn't put too much thought into them. They'll just credit our account for next year and we get to keep the tickets so that's kinda cool...it'd be a whole lot cooler if we got to use them though.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    World Series tickets (Tigers home games) went on sale this morning at 10am. Three co-workers and I logged on to Ticketmaster and prayed that we'd be able to snag four tickets (the max they'll let you buy) while everyone else and their mother tried.

After 30-40 minutes the other three gave up...but I couldn't. Ticketmaster said there weren't any more available, but I still couldn't stop refreshing the page.

At about 12:15 it said tickets were again available. I jumped on it, but dropped my quantity down to two. As my luck would have it, two seats were for sale. My hands shook and the pressure was on as Ticketmaster gives you just a few minutes to complete the sale or they're gone. I calmed down as best I could, entered my info and hit 'Submit'.

I'm going to the World Series. Game 2. Detroit versus I don't care. It's going to be great.

Has anyone here been to a World Series game? I'd love to hear stories.
    GIK, I did not know you were from Michigan. I thought you were from Cincy? Oh well, I am up in Utica right now on business and I will be here until the 28th. How much did you pay for the tickets if I might ask? Right now, everything is like $400 and up.
    "Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

Pete Rose, when asked by David Letterman who he likes in the MLB playoffs:

"You sound like you're betting on baseball."

Yup, good ol' Mitten state. I've been here for 4 1/2 years now.

I paid face through Ticketmaster. $190 a pop. Kinda funny when the same ticket goes for $15 during the regular season.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    12 hours on the road is long?

That's my average work day.

I went to the 1995 Indians/Braves game 5. I was 11 and Jim Thome was my favorite player. He smashed a BOMB to tie the game, then later singled up the middle for the winner. Insane atmosphere. Don't think I sat down after the 2nd inning.

Here's how much things have changed. The tix we got were $25 in the uppers. Aren't they around 100+ now for the worst in the house this year?

Turn Off Ads?