Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm going to the World Series

Re: I'm going to the World Series

Way to go, GIK.
    I had a chance to go to game two of the '90 series - the Billy Bates game.
    Guy I worked for got the tickets. He said he considered taking me along, but did not want to interrupt me, as I was going to college at the time.

DOH!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Yup, good ol' Mitten state. I've been here for 4 1/2 years now.

I paid face through Ticketmaster. $190 a pop. Kinda funny when the same ticket goes for $15 during the regular season.
    Good going. Enjoy the game and take some pics! I would go, but not at $400 a pop. You got a great deal.
    "Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

Pete Rose, when asked by David Letterman who he likes in the MLB playoffs:

"You sound like you're betting on baseball."

GIK, I'll be in section 323, Row 8 for Game 1. You anywhere near that?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I'm so glad you're going, MWM. You would have kicked yourself in the skull if you didn't go and it ended up being some historic game. Or even if not.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Well, the tickets were free and it looks like there's a good chance I'll have someone to car pool with. This opportunity *might* be available to me next year, but not after that. I'm even allowing a very lucky RedsZoner to meet me in Detroit.

It's too bad the Reds didn't go. I would have been able to go to just about every game.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I'll be at Game 2, MWM. Section 218 (relatively close). If I can score tickets to Game 1, I'll see you there. I'm on Ticketmaster constantly.

Well, I'm off! Hopefully I stay somewhat dry. Here's hoping for a more competitive game.

Turn Off Ads?