I'm talking rarest of the rare, some things I've never seen of or heard happen. Some things I've NEVER seen happen:
- A runner ever actually PASS another runner. They always talk about this could happen if runners aren't alert on a long ball that could be caught, but I've never seen it happen.
- 5 strikeouts in one inning, which would take striking the regular 3 batters out, but having 2 passed balls on a strikeout that allows the batter to reach first.
- The infamous movie cliched meeting at the mound where the pitcher sneaks the first baseman the ball, while the pitcher pretends to have it. Then the 1B tags out the runner at first when he leads off.
- Unorthodox fielding positions. I don't know if this is technically legal, but pulling in an outfielder to the infield, or putting 4 guys in the outfield. This stuff seemed to be done sometimes back in little league, I don't think I've ever seen it done in the major leagues though, but then again it may be illegal.
- A runner returning to a previous base, for WHATEVER reason. As in, a guy goes to second on a play, but then for whatever reason returns to first unintentionally (I don't know if someone would INTENTIONALLY)
- A bunted double, not an error to 2B, an actual bunt that is scored as a double or more. That has to be impossible.
Here is a list of rare events: