Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NLCS game 5 thread

Re: NLCS game 5 thread

Mets would have swept this series with Pedro, and even without him should be up 3-1 in this series if not for Mota and their bullpen implosion. I hate to see such an undeserving team like the cardinals get a chance at a World Series title.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The pitching in this series has given me little hope that either of these teams can beat the Tigers. Especially now that the Tigers will be significantly better-rested.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Cardinals had the bases loaded with no outs and don't get another run out of it.

Mets get runners on 2nd and 3rd with only 1 out and can't score.

Two really average/bordeline above teams at this point. The Mets are depleted and the Cardinals are just barely above average.

This World Series might have the lowest tv ratings in recent memory.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

God I hope the Tigers win it all.

Where did the Cards get all these relievers? Kinney comes from nowhere, guy has a nasty breaking pitch. Wainright, former Brave prospect, just nasty.

Very impressive by Cards management to get these guys to take over for Isringhausen, etc. Wish the Reds had guys like that.

Willie Randolph should probably lose his job over this series. His team was clearly the most talented team in the horrible National League, yet they are one game away from elimination. I wouldn't feel too safe if I were him.

Randolph's job is safe. He got them into the post-season in his 2nd year as manager.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

It's hard to overcome losing two of your top three starters. Randolph won't lose his job. I think he's done well to win one series having to overcome that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I got jealous last night watching the end of the Cards-Mets game and seeing all the Cardinal fans joyously whooping and hollering and getting all cranked up. I want that.

Seeing your team win a taut game, knowing they are up 3-2 in the NLCS, knowing they are 1 win away from the World Series. I want that.

Seeing a sea of red in the stands, music blaring, your team just won a critical playoff game, towels getting waved, and the joint just rocking and rolling. I want that.

It has been too damn long since the Reds made the post-season. I want to go to post-season play. I want the Reds to be there. *I* want the be that fan in the stands jumping up and down acting like a giddy moron.

I'm tired of watching other teams' success. I want some of that.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    It's hard to overcome losing two of your top three starters. Randolph won't lose his job. I think he's done well to win one series having to overcome that.
    Agree. Both the Mets and the Cards struggled with injuries throughout the year to their pitching staffs.

With me, it's not about who is the most deserving... if that is the case, then the WS should have two AL teams playing.

Its about who is able to raise the level of their game, put it together, and come out on top, even in the face of adverse situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I got jealous last night watching the end of the Cards-Mets game and seeing all the Cardinal fans joyously whooping and hollering and getting all cranked up. I want that.

Seeing your team win a taut game, knowing they are up 3-2 in the NLCS, knowing they are 1 win away from the World Series. I want that.

Seeing a sea of red in the stands, music blaring, your team just won a critical playoff game, towels getting waved, and the joint just rocking and rolling. I want that.

It has been too damn long since the Reds made the post-season. I want to go to post-season play. I want the Reds to be there. *I* want the be that fan in the stands jumping up and down acting like a giddy moron.

I'm tired of watching other teams' success. I want some of that.
    Me too Roy. And somehow sex just doesn't lessen that hurt. Unless, as George Constanza believes, the two can be combined somehow.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    God I hope the Tigers win it all.
    They will

Turn Off Ads?