Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: NLCS game 6 thread

  1. #16
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Jim Edmonds making an out is a good thing...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,548

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Cards have left 5 runners on in the first 3 innings.

  4. #18
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,212

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Can I ask a stupid question?

    There is an NY logo painted on the back of the mound; I noticed the same thing in Detroit (except, you know, with a D). Is that always there or is it just for the playoffs? Has it been there for the other teams too?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  5. #19
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,212

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Can I ask another stupid question?

    My cousin and I are drinking beer and sketching our dream Mets uniforms (we're a banging good time, let me tell you, kids). They're officially the Mets, right? ie. it would be inappropriate to put "Metropolitans" on their uniforms?

    Also, Jose Reyes has got to be one of my favorite players in the game right now.

    Also, Ronnie Belliard is so so fat.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  6. #20
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Can I ask another stupid question?

    My cousin and I are drinking beer and sketching our dream Mets uniforms (we're a banging good time, let me tell you, kids). They're officially the Mets, right? ie. it would be inappropriate to put "Metropolitans" on their uniforms?

    Also, Jose Reyes has got to be one of my favorite players in the game right now.

    Also, Ronnie Belliard is so so fat.
    They are the Metropolitans, but I don't think they ever go by that.

    Sketching dream Mets uniforms? lol......drinking does funny things

    Yes, Ronnie Belliard is fat.

  7. #21
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,212

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Thanks Matt. The New York press calls them that sometimes, but I didn't know whether it was an official name or just a historical nod.

    Ok, I realize that Stupid Question #1 is as yet unanswered, but that will not deter me from asking stupid question #3: What happened to Kaz Matsui, anyway?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  8. #22
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,548

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Thanks Matt. The New York press calls them that sometimes, but I didn't know whether it was an official name or just a historical nod.

    Ok, I realize that Stupid Question #1 is as yet unanswered, but that will not deter me from asking stupid question #3: What happened to Kaz Matsui, anyway?
    Matsui I believe ended the year with Colorado.

  9. #23
    Administrator GIK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    4,056

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Can I ask a stupid question?

    There is an NY logo painted on the back of the mound; I noticed the same thing in Detroit (except, you know, with a D). Is that always there or is it just for the playoffs? Has it been there for the other teams too?
    The 'D' has been there for awhile, at least all of this year and (I'm pretty sure) '05. The Tigers are moving back to the Olde English 'D' as the primary logo (from the Tiger coming through the 'D' they've had the past 10+ years).

    http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albu...mericaPark.jpg
    http://davehogg.smugmug.com/photos/10258453-L.jpg
    http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/al/comerica817.jpg
    http://www.spikesballparks.com/image...comerica20.jpg

  10. #24
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Metzos 4

    Redbirds 0

  11. #25
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,212

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    The 'D' has been there for awhile, at least all of this year and (I'm pretty sure) '05. The Tigers are moving back to the Olde English 'D' as the primary logo (from the Tiger coming through the 'D' they've had the past 10+ years).

    http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albu...mericaPark.jpg
    http://davehogg.smugmug.com/photos/10258453-L.jpg
    http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/al/comerica817.jpg
    http://www.spikesballparks.com/image...comerica20.jpg
    Oh, I should have made myself clearer...it's on the back of the PITCHER'S mound. As it is tonight at Shea. I've never noticed a logo on the pitcher's mound before, but I can be dense. So I wondered whether this was a playoff thing, or a park thing that I've missed, or what. It's pretty small.

    This is a pretty dang good game, by the way. I have a feeling about this series but I don't want to jinx anything by voicing anything. But I will say that I really, really like this Mets team. All year -- the last couple years, really -- I thought they were a little overrated and that they benefitted from the league in which they play, but I don't anymore. They are a really solid, delightful baseball team.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  12. #26
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,548

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Wagner comes in and immediately gives up a single and double to start the 9th.

  13. #27
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,452

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Joe Buck saying that the Cards won't win this game against Wagner almost make me want them to come back and win. Almost.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  14. #28
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Here come the Cardinals.....

    1 more out, Wagner...1 more

  15. #29
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,548

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    Taguchi doubles in 2 runs to cut the lead in half with 2 outs in the 9th.

  16. #30
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: NLCS game 6 thread

    And to game 7 it goes!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25