I took another look at this list this morning and became a little curious about number 17 - Carlos Fisher. I wonder if he's a sleeper.
He was 23 in low A ball, but his numbers were awesome.
- His basic stats say 12 wins and 2.76 ERA with a WHIP of 1.14
- He struck out 3.2 Batters for every guy he walked
- He averaged 2.28 Walks per nine innings with 7.32 K's per nine.
- He gave up just 5 HR in 150 Innings
- He held the league to a .237 average off of him
- He averaged almost 2 ground outs for every fly out.
- He is right handed, 6-4 and 220 LBs
He played at Lewis and Clark State in Idaho. As a result of pitching in such a little known place (I assume that's why anyway) , he fell to the 11th round of the 2005 Draft. 2006 was his first year as a pro. (I can not find any stats on him pitching in 2005 after the draft.) This partially explains why he started the year at low A.
Anyone know more about this guy? What does he throw? What is his velocity? Why didn't he move-up to a higher level mid-year?
He'll be 24 in February so he needs to move a little faster and at least finish 2007 in AA. He seems like a guy that would be a good choice for GABP with his GB rate. If he moves up as the numbers suggest, this may be another find courtesy of DanO.