Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I helped set a new world record...the folks from Guinness were there to record it.

I helped set a new world record...the folks from Guinness were there to record it.

Here's video documentation:

The world's largest pillow fight

Look for me...I'm one of the guys hitting people with a pillow.

Now this causes me to wonder...any other Redszoners been a part of any world records?
    Last edited by max venable; 10-20-2006 at 08:38 AM.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I helped set a new world record...the folks from Guiness were there to record it.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Here's video documentation:

The world's largest pillow fight

Look for me...I'm one of the guys hitting people with a pillow.

Now this causes me to wonder...any other Redszoners been a part of any world records?
    When I lived in Mariemont these two guys (about 19) threw a frisbee for a couple of days, the news and the Guiness people came by and recorded it.

It was about as thrillling as a traffic jam.

Re: I helped set a new world record...the folks from Guiness were there to record it.

Do they still have a record for brick-carrying? I always thought about trying to top that one.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

For a Level Playing Field

Why were ale-making people at the world record for the largest pillow fight?

When I was in college, some students decided to try to get enough people to break the largest leap-frog game record. The problem is they tried to do it on a Saturday morning, and of course 75% of college students sleep until lunch on Saturday. So they decided to reschedule it for 11:00 during a weekday. I, for the record, didn't participate because I would have been late to a class I couldn't afford to miss. Long story short, they had enough participants to break the record, but when they sent the required photos and videos to Guiness they found out they weren't properly "leap-frogging." I think they were illegally touching the ground with their hands, or some minor detail like that.

When I was a kid, my sister and I tried to set the world record for riding a see-saw, but we fell asleep...oh wait, that was Bobby and Cindy.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

In 1981 I was at the National Boy Scout Jamboree in Virginia and one evening we had about 35000 scouts playing tunes in unison on harmonicas. We were told it was the world's largest harmonica band, but I just checked online and saw that the "certified" record is 1706 people. We got robbed, or some leader was negligent in notifying Guinness of the accomplishment.

Turn Off Ads?