Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Cardinals go to the WS....

Re: Watching the Cardinals go to the WS....

Injuries decimated the Mets pitching. When you are forced to go with Maine and Perez in games 6 and 7 and you won the most games in the league, that sure isn't what got you there. From a rotation perspective, the Cards probably have the best chance of the two teams right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I certainly hope that the Tigers in it in four, but I can't help thinking about the 1990 Fall Classic. The Oakland A's were supposed to sweep, but got swept instead.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Not hardly! The luckier team won the series.
    Exactly....I was just playing off 1990 when LaRussa said "The better team did not win this series."

Seriously, I don't mind the Cards players but I just cannot stand Tony LaGenius. Watching him choke most every postseason has been great. Hopefully it will just take a few more game for the LaRussa club to choke.

That and the pompous Cards fans I've met really force me to root for the Tigers. When I went to a game in St. Louis in early September, I was sitting next to a fan (before the Cards collapse) and he was going on and on about how great this year was because the Cards weren't playing too well so the St. Louis fans actually get a pennant race and it's much more exciting than killing all the teams like last year. I couldn't believe he was saying this stuff and it was such a relief when he decided to go sit in his other seats in the 4th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I certainly hope that the Tigers in it in four
    I don't, not in four. There's too much time left before pitchers and catchers.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Exactly....I was just playing off 1990 when LaRussa said "The better team did not win this series."

Seriously, I don't mind the Cards players but I just cannot stand Tony LaGenius. Watching him choke most every postseason has been great. Hopefully it will just take a few more game for the LaRussa club to choke.

That and the pompous Cards fans I've met really force me to root for the Tigers. When I went to a game in St. Louis in early September, I was sitting next to a fan (before the Cards collapse) and he was going on and on about how great this year was because the Cards weren't playing too well so the St. Louis fans actually get a pennant race and it's much more exciting than killing all the teams like last year. I couldn't believe he was saying this stuff and it was such a relief when he decided to go sit in his other seats in the 4th inning.
    Well, I predict his World Series winning percentage will take another hit.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    God I hate the Cardinals....I hate LaRussa, I hate Prince Aldork, I hate the big German, I hate sissy boy Edmonds, I hate that guy with that queer red chin hair.....I hate them all.:thumbdown
    Cosign.

Even if the Cardinals lose, we still have to hear all about how great they are for another week. Gag.

Had Pedro been healthy this series would have had a totally different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Had Pedro been healthy this series would have had a totally different outcome.
    I don't know. The guy who replaced him (Perez) threw pretty well. In fact, Maine and Perez gave pitched 12 innings and allowed 1 earned run in games 6 and 7.

If Wright had hit at all, the Mets would've won. If the clock didn't strike midnight and turn Valentin back into a pumpkin, the Mets would've won.

Pedro was up and down this year. He's not the Pedro of old.

Cards as a whole were batting .210 against Pedro this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    I respect Puhols ability, but I definitely "mind" most of the Cardinal players. The best part of Chavez' catch last night to me was doubling Edmonds off of first. And don't get me started on Eckstein, that little pest. I cheer every time he makes an out.

Belliard, now he might be good pickup for the Reds.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

How about Jim Edmonds?

About the last team on earth I'd want to face right now is the St. Louis Cardinals. They are like pact-with-the-devil hot.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    About the last team on earth I'd want to face right now is the St. Louis Cardinals. They are like pact-with-the-devil hot.
    But can it last?

Time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    FCB, the Tigers just beat the Yankees in four and swept the A's while the Cardinals won over arguably weaker teams, first in four games, then in seven. I'm not denying that the Cardinals are riding a hot streak and playing pretty well at the moment, but it's tough to ignore their competition.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    FCB, the Tigers just beat the Yankees in four and swept the A's while the Cardinals won over arguably weaker teams, first in four games, then in seven. I'm not denying that the Cardinals are riding a hot streak and playing pretty well at the moment, but it's tough to ignore their competition.
    The A's offense sucks ferociously. And the Yankees' pitching is dogcrap.

The Cards have two starters and the best remaining bullpen in MLB. I've always believed that's all it takes to win the big one--two starters and a bully.

I think the Cardinals beat two better teams than those the Tigers beat.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 10-20-2006 at 06:48 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?