Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watching the Cardinals go to the WS....

Re: Watching the Cardinals go to the WS....

The Cards have two starters and the best remaining bullpen in MLB. I've always believed that's all it takes to win the big one--two starters and a bully.
    The Tigers BP blows doors off the Cards.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wasn't the A's offense second in the AL after the All-Star break? And pitching was not the Yankees' problem over one hundred thousand scoreless innings in the ALCS. The Detroit pitching shut down that unbelievable offense, plain and simple.

I think Detroit has all-around better starting pitching and offense than the Cardinals. The Cardinals may have a bullpen edge, but I just haven't seen enough of it to be convinced that it will hold up, and I'm also not sure how much work the Detroit bullpen will need anyway.

A hot streak is one thing...but do you honestly think that the Cardinals are a better team than the Tigers?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Kinney, Johnson, Thompson and Wainwright don't light up the gun like the Tigers' arms, but so what. They've ultimately been just as good the last three weeks as the Tigers' pen.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Kinney, Johnson, Thompson and Wainwright don't light up the gun like the Tigers' arms, but so what. They've ultimately been just as good the last three weeks as the Tigers' pen.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/Statis...etype=pitching

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/Statis...hing&split=128

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post

A hot streak is one thing...but do you honestly think that the Cardinals are a better team than the Tigers?
    Maybe not over 162 games, but I'd take a healthy Cards' offense a million times over the Tigers'.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed View Post
    I respect Puhols ability, but I definitely "mind" most of the Cardinal players. The best part of Chavez' catch last night to me was doubling Edmonds off of first. And don't get me started on Eckstein, that little pest. I cheer every time he makes an out.

Belliard, now he might be good pickup for the Reds.
    Out of the Cards players, I guess the ones that get under my skin are Scott Spiezio with that stupid red excuse of a goatee, Edmonds because he is a hot dog, and Duncan cause he kills the Reds and is a coach's kid (didn't you always dislike the coach's kid back in the little league days cause he was always favored? ). Pujols is a great player and a guy I respect even though he kills the Reds. Eckstein is a pest but he always hustles and gets the most of his ability so I respect him at least. Yeah, I did enjoy seeing Edmonds get doubled up, he is probably one of my least favorite players in MLB.

Wainwright has great stuff, but he nearly yakked up Game 7. If Willie Randolph hadn't thrown out an injured, rusty Cliff Floyd for a Kirk Gibson-Roy Hobbs moment, the Mets probably tie that game.

part of BBN

The Cards have two starters
    if your 2 starters are suppan and carpentar then problem is.....they dont pitch till games 3 and 4. Which could mean a 2 nothing deficit before they ever take mound.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    if your 2 starters are suppan and carpentar then problem is.....they dont pitch till games 3 and 4. Which could mean a 2 nothing deficit before they ever take mound.
    Fair point. Being down 2-0 would be a huge problem for the Cards, that's true.

I guess they just pray for more miracles from Weaver in Game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Wainwright has great stuff, but he nearly yakked up Game 7. If Willie Randolph hadn't thrown out an injured, rusty Cliff Floyd for a Kirk Gibson-Roy Hobbs moment, the Mets probably tie that game.
    The two hits Wainwright surrendered were little excuse-me bloopers. He then proceeded to K the second best hitter in the NL on three straight pitches.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    It sounds good to me. Too bad Mr. Casey will not be playing.
    Sean is playing, isn't he? Last night on BBTN they said he was ready to go.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

DH (for now)

The two hits Wainwright surrendered were little excuse-me bloopers. He then proceeded to K the second best hitter in the NL on three straight pitches.
    I think FCB is wearing some redbird-tinted glasses lately, but I have to agree with him on this. Wainwright loaded the bases, but his stuff was nasty. I thought he looked great. People can talk about Randolph's managerial decisions or say that Beltran didn't come through or whatever, but that inning looked like a plain old good pitching vs. good hitting battle to me.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Had Pedro been healthy this series would have had a totally different outcome.
    If the Reds would have attempted to play baseball in California rather than sightsee, the whole NL post season would have had a different outcome.

I agree with each and every Cardinal basher on this board. I hate and despise them. I hope Albert Pujols pulls a Bill Buckner and his career never recovers.
    Where we gonna go?

Turn Off Ads?