Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Worst Team in WS History?

Re: Worst Team in WS History?

What are those obvious outward physical signs on Pujols?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    1928 - 1938 MLB - .280/.343/.401/.744 - Foxx - .335/.439/.639/1.077

2001-2005 - MLB - .264/.332/.422/.755 Albert - .332/.416/.621/1.037

So matching Foxx's numbers makes him suspicious, I guess then Mantle would have been drawn and quartered too.

Mantle 52-58

.319/.437/.589/1.026 - MLB in the same time .259/.330/.391/.720
    If he was Domincan with acne he would be questioned in this era. I'm nowhere near sure the guy is cheating. I'm just saying it's a valid talking point.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    FCB is talking about Chris Duncan, not Pujols.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Read my post--two posts back. I said, plainly and clearly, that Albert Pujols exhibits NONE of the external signs of a roid user. Just Chris Duncan--virtually all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    If he was Domincan with acne he would be questioned in this era. I'm nowhere near sure the guy is cheating. I'm just saying it's a valid talking point.
    Acne is a valid talking point?

In the world of sports with buckets of sweat and grime it's a red herring.

I think the 2006 Cardinals are the poster child for the "just make the playoffs and see what happens" school of thought.

You get in, the team gets hot, and wacky things can happen.

I would be gloriously ecstatic to accept the mantle of "worst team ever to win the WS" for the Reds. For in the MLB record book under 2006 World Champion, it would say "Cincinnati Reds" and that is all most people will remember.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think the 2006 Cardinals are the poster child for the "just make the playoffs and see what happens" school of thought.

You get in, the team gets hot, and wacky things can happen.

I would be gloriously ecstatic to accept the mantle of "worst team ever to win the WS" for the Reds. For in the MLB record book under 2006 World Champion, it would say "Cincinnati Reds" and that is all most people will remember.
    Exactly. And if the Cards win, they will remember the the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Read my post--two posts back. I said, plainly and clearly, that Albert Pujols exhibits NONE of the external signs of a roid user. Just Chris Duncan--virtually all of them.
    I know, and I saw that. I am not inferring that you are the one making accusations about the Cards/Pujols. In fact, you are the one who started the thread "Is This The Cardinals 1975?".

I was simply throwing out/asking the question.

Professor of Cardinalogy

If you could really tell if someone was taking steroids from looking at them, then we wouldn't need drug testing, would we? While steroids can and do produce physical changes, the fact remains that all of these physical changes can be and are often produced naturally. You can increase your lean muscle mass through diet and exercise. Genetics and natural physiological occurrences can result in adult acne and premature baldness (I for example, began loosing my hair at the age of 25). Some people naturally have puffy cheeks and big heads. Your accusition of steroid use aimed at Chris Duncan would be no different than observing someone who has lost 20 pounds and saying the've got cancer. Yes, weight-loss is a physical indicator of cancer...but not all weight-loss is cancer driven.

Hence, there is no 'circumstantial' evidence that Chris Duncan has ever used steroids. You haven't even documented any physical changes in his appearance. All that can be noted about Chris from his appearance is that he is big and strong. Yeah, never seen a 6'5" 25 year old who was big and strong before. Engaging in these kind of evidence-less witch trials is a cancer on good discussion. D.GOOCH

Quote Originally Posted by GOOCH View Post
    If you could really tell if someone was taking steroids from looking at them, then we wouldn't need drug testing, would we? While steroids can and do produce physical changes, the fact remains that all of these physical changes can be and are often produced naturally. You can increase your lean muscle mass through diet and exercise. Genetics and natural physiological occurrences can result in adult acne and premature baldness (I for example, began loosing my hair at the age of 25). Some people naturally have puffy cheeks and big heads. Your accusition of steroid use aimed at Chris Duncan would be no different than observing someone who has lost 20 pounds and saying the've got cancer. Yes, weight-loss is a physical indicator of cancer...but not all weight-loss is cancer driven.

Hence, there is no 'circumstantial' evidence that Chris Duncan has ever used steroids. You haven't even documented any physical changes in his appearance. All that can be noted about Chris from his appearance is that he is big and strong. Yeah, never seen a 6'5" 25 year old who was big and strong before. Engaging in these kind of evidence-less witch trials is a cancer on good discussion. D.GOOCH
    Testing doesn't work. Conjecture and questioning is the fault of MLB.

Professor of Cardinalogy

Testing does work with anabolic steroids. And blaming MLB for an unjustified and unsupported smear that someone directs at a ballplayer doesn't sit well with me. D.GOOCH

Turn Off Ads?