Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting "Dunn Trade" With Dodgers

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Interesting "Dunn Trade" With Dodgers

from MLBTradeRumors.com:

...For the starting rotation, we know that Colletti would like to bring Maddux back for a full season. Such a move would probably push Hendrickson to the pen. A related scenario: trade the frustrating Penny to fill a position, and then go after Jason Schmidt or Barry Zito. How about Penny to Houston for Morgan Ensberg? To the Rangers for Hank Blalock? To Cincy for Adam Dunn? Tell me your ideas in the comments....
    Dunn For Penny? Would us as fans be ok with that?

Though it was just a idea by MLBTradeRumors.com it might be a decent trade for both parties. Depending on Penny's health of course because you know Dunn is going to give you 160 games a year. I'd maybe want a little more but a rotation of Harang, Arroyo, and Penny would be pretty tough. If Dunn has a good spring I think we could get LA to toss in a prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interesting "Dunn Trade" With Dodgers

No way i'd go for Penny. I've always loved his talent, but he's also an injury away from DL time. I think he was shelved for most of the 2nd half this year? In any case, his numbers took a big dip.

Dodgers have a TON of young pitching.... I'd love to do a trade with them. Something along the lines of Broxton(turn him back into a starter.. he can do it..) - perhaps Scott Elbert... I want a young gun to pair with Homer. Elbert is right along the same timetable.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

actually Dunn to the Dodgers makes alot of sense, The Dodgers are loaded with alot of young talent and with quality veterans. If I deal Dunn to the Dodgers than this is the deal that I would submit:

Reds trade: Adam Dunn and Matt Belisle

Dodgers trade: Jonathon Broxton(rp), Joel Guzman(SS/3b) and Jason Repko(of)

Broxton then becomes our closer, Repko takes over in left, and Guzman is on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    actually Dunn to the Dodgers makes alot of sense, The Dodgers are loaded with alot of young talent and with quality veterans. If I deal Dunn to the Dodgers than this is the deal that I would submit:

Broxton then becomes our closer, Repko takes over in left, and Guzman is on the bench

Hey Schroomy.. Joel Guzman was traded to the Devil Rays as part of the Julio Lugo deal if I'm not mistaken... Broxton the Bull is a stud though... I would want one stud pitcher from them in any deal for Dunn.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Dunn, Milton, Claussen (or Ramierez) and Majewski (we pay Milton's final year) for Billingsley, Broxton, Repko (or Loney), Antonio Perez and one other prospect (did the Dodgers deal Navarro?). The Dodgers won't do it, but I would.

[EDIT] Penny has talent, but he's been spotty and injury-prone. I know that the Dodgers aren't gonna part with Billingsley, but Billingsley AND Broxton is the kind of return I'm gonna demand to deal the Donk. It would have to knock my socks off. Penny doesn't do it.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 10-20-2006 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Dunn, Milton, Claussen (or Ramierez) and Majewski (we pay Milton's final year) for Billingsley, Broxton, Repko (or Loney), Antonio Perez and one other prospect (did the Dodgers deal Navarro?). The Dodgers won't do it, but I would.
    Navarro is a Devil Ray

Penny & Broxton for Dunn & Belisle

I'd want a young bat too even if I had to ante more.

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post

Guzman is an OF playing with the Rays.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

How about Dunn to the Dodgers for OF Andre Either and RHP John Broxton?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

I'd like to see the Dodgers include Matt Kemp in a deal for Dunn. He logged 154 ABs with L.A. this year and while his BB/K ratio wasn't impressive (9/53) it was his rookie year. According to Las Vegas 51s GM Don Logan, Kemp is the best he's seen come through the system. Of course, that could have been the Bud Light talking...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

The Dodgers farm is LOADED. If they wanted to make a Dunn trade happen, they definitely could.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

When you look at a trade for a Dodger pitcher, you have to look at the pitcher's away stats. Dodger Stadium has always been a pither's park. Remember what happened to Jose Lima when he started pitching at Enron Field? Remember when Krivsky traded Kearns and Lopez for a couple of National's pitchers who stats were inflated by RFK stadium? That move cost the Reds the playoffs.

I would stay so far away from Dodgers pitching it isn't funny. Remember the Adam Dunn for Edwin Jackson deal that LA turned down? Edwin Jackson is absolutely terrible now. I think it would've been a worse deal than the Kearns/Lopez/Wagner deal for middle relievers.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    I would stay so far away from Dodgers pitching it isn't funny. Remember the Adam Dunn for Edwin Jackson deal that LA turned down? Edwin Jackson is absolutely terrible now. I think it would've been a worse deal than the Kearns/Lopez/Wagner deal for middle relievers.
    This is true. Although I'd still take Edwin Jackson.

Send Tyler Pelland, Calvin Medlock, and Jason LaRue (w/ 2.6 Million) in exchange for Edwin Jackson and Elijah Dukes

...My guy would be Dukes. He has speed, range, and a great arm. He got on base over 40% of the time at Triple A this year. He showed 20 HR potential too. What's not to like?

Oh, yeah. Five suspensions this year alone and problems with half the team, coaching staff included. Clearly Dukes needs a fresh start, and he could be a steal if Fredi Gonzalez could calm him down...

from MLBTradeRumors.com

Turn Off Ads?