Turn Off Ads?

Thread: LaRussa and Rolen to Divorce?

Ex-Tree

LaRussa and Rolen to Divorce?

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wi...uble_standard/

Seems Larussa is having trouble getting along with yet another great player. Rolen has 44 million/4 years left on his contract. That's a long time to put up with Tony. Assuming that Rolen's shoulder heals (and that's a big if), would any team take a flyer on the Jasper, Indiana native?
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: LaRussa and Rolen to Divorce?

I hate Larussa, but this is the second time that Rolen's been called out by a manager in a rather public fashion.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I could be wrong, but Rolen has looked broken down over the last couple years, and that amount of money for that many years makes me say no, at least for the Reds who have a younger, more athletic option already.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I bet Rolen would make for a decent 1B. There'd be no room for Votto though.

Leather Pants should go after him and put him at 2nd base or shortstop so he would get really really mad and have a monster year like the other dude he picked up last year and was too stupid to trade him for something and now will allow him to walk away for free.

Bowden had Rolen but the big boys would not let him make the trade. HE might get to trade for him this time and actually get him.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

If they win the ring, that will heal a lot of hurt feelings. Heck, Eric Davis forgave Marge and they left him in a Oakland hospital for God's sake.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I hate Larussa
    Fooled me!
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 10-21-2006 at 11:16 PM.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    I bet Rolen would make for a decent 1B. There'd be no room for Votto though.

So trade Votto for some pitching. Problem solved.

Turn Off Ads?