Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many games will the Bengals win this year?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11 or more

15 19.48%

26 33.77%

15 19.48%

10 12.99%
  • 7 or less

11 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many games will the Bengals win this year?

How many games will the Bengals win this year?

I know most Bengals fans are counting on a 12-win season and a Superbowl appearance. But I'm ready to pull a Lee Corso--not-so-fast-my-friend...

I'm a huge Bengals fan but I just don't see it. Have you looked at the schedule? It's brutal. I mean brutal. I think they'll be doing well to win 9 games this year. And, by the way, I think 9 wins should be able to get them a wildcard spot.

They'll be able to score, as long as everything's okay with Carson. I just think that the schedule is going to really hurt them--they face a solid, contending team nearly every week this year. Your thoughts?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How many games will the Bengals win this year?

Truer words have never been spoken. That schedule is scary hard. But if Carson comes back healthy the offense won't skip a beat. The rush defense still won't be great, but Sam Adams will go a long way to shoring that up and Dexter Jackson has been a very underrated move. He's good.

I pick 10, but could easily see them winning less than that.

This has the potential to be one of years where you're better than you were the year before, but you lose more games.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Of course, for all the talk that the Bengals have a hard schedule because of some of the teams on it, those teams' schedules have gotten a bit harder with the Bengals on it.

Look at it this way. Every season, some teams that everyone thought were good will fall down a few notches and miss the playoffs. Some teams who nobody has given a shot will surprise and snatch one of those playoff spots. The question is whether the Bengals will be one of those teams that continues to excel or will it take a few steps back? Imagine what would happen to Pittsburgh if Roethlesburger and Polamalu suffer major injuries.

I think the Bengals will do well because they have a lot of young talent on the team, which is now young talent with big game experience. By winning in Pittsburgh last year, they showed everyone that they can go on the road and win a big one in a hostile environment. They have a top-notch offense and a young defense that has added some key veterans, and once they start playing football, all those off-the-field issues will fall into the background (Well, until Henry does something stupid again).
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

People thought the schedule last year was going to be tough:

Minnesota, Baltimore and Green Bay were supposed to be better.
    Jacksonville went to the playoffs.
    Kansas City was a difficult game even if they were playing for something.
    We always seemed to have trouble with Tennessee.
    We played the Colts.(As we do again this year.)

Ya never know, for one I don't think the NFC South is going to be all that this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

"This is going to be the toughest schedule we've had to face in years"- Fans, 2005

enough said.

I picked 9 just because of how tough the schedule is. A lot also depends on how quickly Carson can come back. Some say he will back the beginning of the year and I also heard rumors he could be out until October. He is going to try to play in the last 2 preseason games and that will probably determine if he can start the year. If he has to miss any length of time the Bengals are in trouble because I don't have a lot of confidence in any of the backups.

I went with 10. It all hinges on how soon Carson will be under center. I'm still not sold on the expectation that he'll be there September 10. When he's in there, that offense is scary good.

I look for the defense to be much improved; there is certainly plenty of room for that to happen. They'll have two new safeties in Jackson and a healthy Madieu, that will be a vast improvement over last season and let KK move into a backup role that he's more suited to. Adams will help with the run when he's in there and help keep the blockers off of the linebackers. Thurman's stupidity will hurt but I like the veteran Simmons in the middle...at least he won't make the rookie mistakes and this will keep him out of pass coverage more which I feel is the weakest part of his game. It'd be sweet to see Brooks be this year's Odell...but that's not something you can count on. The one guy on defense that I don't hear people talk about much is Pollack. The guy's a beast and I look for him to have a great season.

If Carson doesn't miss much, if any, time and the defense can improve enough to be in the top half of the league statistically, the Bengals have as good a chance as anyone to bring one home.

But take heart Bengal fans, last year I said 4
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed

But take heart Bengal fans, last year I said 4
    So if form holds, they should win 15. Nice.

16 games.

Bengals offense scores about 49+ points a game and the defense gives up 0 points the whole season.

:

Mark it 8, Dude.

Gimme the marker, Dude, I'm markin' it 8!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

With this offense and now the safties, CB's, and LB's, the BENGALS will be Super Bowl Champs. This team is scary good.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I voted 7 or less.

But I am a Browns fan
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I voted 7 or less.

But I am a Browns fan
    I'm afraid I had to do the same for similar reasons

First off I'm not a Bengals fan so I am not biased. But I think it will be seven or less. Too many off the field distractions plus too many question marks about the health of Palmer.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?