1. Adam Dunn will be traded, Wayne has already gotten rid of three 100+ strikeout guys: Kearns, Lopez, and Wily Mo. Dunn will prolly bring them a starting pitcher and a reliever.
Cincinnati Reds send Adam Dunn, Jason LaRue and Rich Aurilia to the Detroit Tigers for Humberto Sanchez and Fernando Rodney.
2. Wayne will eat Eric Milton's contract by releasing him and will eat LaRue's by trading him and paying the Tigers his contract.
3. The Reds will sign a right handed power bat: Gary Sheffield (if option isn't picked up), Jose Guillen, or Alfonso Soriano.
We would love to have Soriano but his price may be too high, Sheffield might be too old, so I would go with Jose Guillen.
4. Wayne needs to make a decision on who to play at SS. I think he will go ahead and put Phillips at short but now who do you put at 2B? Aurilia has been traded (see above) and Freel's hitting cannot be sustained everyday. So if i was Wayne I would rather sign a free agent, find someone in the system, or trade for one.
When it comes down to it, give Olmedo a chance cuz he's earned it.
5. Wayne will pick up a flame throwing closer. He was spoiled when he has Joe Nathan in Minnesota so I'm thinking he'll try to pick up one like Nathan.
But he doesn't have to pick up one... Put Fernando Rodney in that slot.
1. Ryan Freel LF
2. Brandon Phillips SS
3. Ken Griffey Jr. CF
4. Jose Guillen RF
5. Joey Votto 1B
6. Encarnacion 3B
7. David Ross C
8. Ray Olmedo 2B
C Javier Valentin
IF Juan Castro
IF Royce Clayton
OF Todd Hollandsworth
OF Chris Denorfia
1. Aaron Harang
2. Bronson Arroyo
3. Humberto Sanchez
4. Kyle Lohse
5. Elizardo Ramirez/Homer Bailey
Fernando Rodney (CL)
Looks like a winner to me... what do you think? is this possible?