Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm coming out of the closet...

Re: I'm coming out of the closet...

Yep Wheels. Congrats on the switch but you will never be a real Bengals fan. Until you can experience those depths it just won't mean as much to you.

I still get a feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see the John Taylor highlight. I still wanna hurl things at the TV when I hear that Penn State is "Running back U".
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

He'll be back.

Although being a Browns fan is becoming almost like being a cubs fan. Well except that we're way cooler and not whining, pansy, goat- (worshipers).
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    And now, I just have to admit that I am once again a Bengals fan, and that my father was right all these years...

Who Dey!
    Dad is always right. Better to be a Super Bowl loser than to NEVER make it there.

Welcome back, Your dreams were your ticket out.
    >> Dreams of rooting for a playoff caliber team.
    Welcome back, To that same old place that you laughed about.
    >> Actually it is now Paul Brown Stadium, not Riverfront Stadium! And it is by a river, not a mistake by the lake!

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
    >> No more Boomer, Ickey or Eddie Brown. Now Carson, Rudi & Chad.
    But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.
    >> Hopes for another AFC crown and Super Bowl appearance (we don't talk about NFL Championships that were had before we were born and when Jim Brown had no felony arrests in his life).

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya) Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)
    >> We did. We knew you'd come back to your senses, sava!
    Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back, Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
    >> Say it, sava... WHO DEY! Glad you are back.

That's funny, I've been thinking I need a new baseball team to root for

I do enjoy watching the Indians more than I used to. I feel so conflicted...

Also, I think you should have imbedded the audio to Dianna Ross' "I'm coming out" so it would start playing when we open this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I say we make him watch all of the games from 1994-96, and I also want to know the name of the linebacker that twisted Dave Shula's cap on the sidelines in 1992.

....And for extra credit, I wanna know who caught Brett Favre's first ever game winning touchdown lob against the Bengals in that same season of 1992.

We all have to feel that pain.
    I know those answers. Believe it or not, I was at that Green Bay game when Majikowski got hurt and that no-name QB came in and led them to the win. Rookie Carl Pickens had a punt return for a TD in that game as well. Ahhhh, the Shula years.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Ahhhh, the Shula years.
    I still have two unused tickets for the Don Shula vs. Dave Shula coaching matchup... 1st time ever for a father vs. son in the NFL. I was all excited to get them at the start of the season. Oct. 2, 1994 Sunday night (8:00 pm) game. I decided to blow it off b/c the Bungals were already 0-4 going into that game. I figured it wasn't worth the hassle and I had been a diehard fan from birth. They ended up losing to Marino and the Dolphins 23-7. I felt better about not going and eating the $70 that I paid for the tickets.... at least I didn't have to pay for the parking and concessions to watch my team get drilled and fall to 0-5. They started that 1994 season 0-8.

Ahhhh... the Shula years.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    We'll see you later, sava, say in about 3-4 years.

And as usual, we will welcome you back with open arms.

Thanks for sticking it out.

Sincerely,
    Browns fans - including myself, GAC, Boyds, et. al. - who also cheer for the Reds.
    Yep. Been a Browns fan for over 40 years. No turning back now.

I read the title of the thread and thought he was coming out gay.

Now I find out it's worse!

I still have faith in Savage and that he will get this thing turned around. We have had some really tough losses this year where we have shoot ourselves in the foot.

Is it the coaching? Could be. Especially Carthon.

Injuries? Definitely.

Lack of talent? No way.

You fix this friggin' offensive line and this team will take off IMO.

My new avatar.... and I wear the mantle proudly.

Last edited by GAC; 10-24-2006 at 09:29 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    I know those answers. Believe it or not, I was at that Green Bay game when Majikowski got hurt and that no-name QB came in and led them to the win. Rookie Carl Pickens had a punt return for a TD in that game as well. Ahhhh, the Shula years.
    Bengals were 2-0 at that point, too.

I was thinking "Maybe this Shula guy's gonna bring some discipline that they were lacking under Wyche..."

How funny is that?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I thought you were really coming out of the closet as I read the thread title. I thought it would be a little weird to discuss such matters on a stage like this, but you never know.

Sham

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Bengals were 2-0 at that point, too.

I was thinking "Maybe this Shula guy's gonna bring some discipline that they were lacking under Wyche..."

How funny is that?
    That is freaking funny.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    He'll be back.

Although being a Browns fan is becoming almost like being a cubs fan. Well except that we're way cooler and not whining, pansy, goat- (worshipers).

Is it bad that I was hoping he was just goina be gay? But no, he had to be a bengals fan.... Oh well, We didnt want you anyways! GO BROWNS

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Yep. Been a Browns fan for over 40 years. No turning back now.

I read the title of the thread and thought he was coming out gay.

Now I find out it's worse!

I still have faith in Savage and that he will get this thing turned around. We have had some really tough losses this year where we have shoot ourselves in the foot.

Is it the coaching? Could be. Especially Carthon.

Injuries? Definitely.

Lack of talent? No way.

You fix this friggin' offensive line and this team will take off IMO.

My new avatar.... and I wear the mantle proudly.

At least Carthon is gone now!

bengals fan my whole life! They have sucked my entire life until now, but worth the wait!!
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    At least Carthon is gone now!
    Just saw that. That will make alot of Brown fans happy. The job has been given to assistant head coach/offensive line coach Jeff Davidson.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=5957
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Until that offensive line gets it's collective crap together,it aint gonna matter who the heck is calling plays. It's Atrocious and has been since '99.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?